You don't need a spoiler with a 1.8
By KB on
2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I have driven this S Corolla for about a week and have owned 98 and 90 Corollas. The gas mileage is around 40 on the open road, so it's going to do what a Corolla is supposed to do. The road noise level is acceptable and does not interfere with the radio. The interior has plenty of room, if you like to ride with your arm on the door it will be uncomfortable because it is farther away. If the 2.4 engine was standard instead of the 1.8 there would be less down shifting with cruise on when going up hills which is more frequent than it should be with the 1.8 engine. Electronic assisted steering seems to wander a bit, maybe a sensitivity issue or alignment? All in all I did buy it for the gas use.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage and roomy interior for four. Three adults in the back seat would be ok for a short trip. Both back seats lay down. Traction control standard and all the airbags front side and to the rear. Visibility out the front.
Suggested Improvements
Sport model Corollas with or without spoilers need the 2.4 engine... come on it's the sport model. Rear camera because you can't see out the back and that's with or without the spoiler. I've already dinged my rear bumper. I'm hoping that the electric assisted power steering has a sensitivity control.