2005 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: This car saved my life!

2005 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

CE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

This car saved my life!
By explorersaurus on

2005 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was in a crash fast enough to set the airbags off. The car looked horrible, but I walked away with only a twisted ankle. In a frontal crash, this is definitely a class leader in the used car market. And before I crashed it, it was a decent little car. It had plenty of power, and the transmission was geared perfectly. The outside was a little bland, but that didn't really matter. The interior was not cramped, but cozy. I'm about 5'3" and the seat was at the perfect height for good visibility. The backseat was also rather large for a car it's size, accommodating two small adults comfortably.

The dashboard layout was perfect. The stock stereo just can't be beat, it's amazing. And the overall refinement, while not outstanding, is very good. It's a well rounded car good for anyone of any age. The cloth for the seats are pretty good. I also though the steering was pretty good. Again, not outstanding, but it was smooth, precise, and it was just the right balance between firm and light.

The transmission can be a little slow to downshift sometimes. The back cupholders are flimsy. The cloth seats are a dog fur magnet. My family has always had cloth seats, and they were never so hard to clean as this car. The headliner as well as a couple other things are a bit cheap.