Used 2000 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great little econocar
By Mike Gates

2000 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Great car, with one huge exception: burns oil
By Marlene Arnao

2000 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Need to a add one quart of oil for 175 miles. Burns oil and clogs exhaust system.

I replaced the engine, hoping to "fix the problem", but the replacement engine was just the same. I threw away $2,000.00. Very disappointed. The car is great otherwise.

Slightly disappointed
By jds2805

2000 Toyota Corolla Sedan VE 4dr Sedan

Perhaps I got a dud but I was disappointed. I kept up all maintanence. But at 194k miles the transmission went out, shocks went out, gasket blew and alternator died. 194k miles for a Toyota is to soon for transmission and engine problems. Especially since the early 90s models are going 250k+ miles with no problems. It did get great gas mileage and maintanence was cheap. I'd still take Toyota over Ford or Dodge any day.

My 2000 Corolla still kicking butt at 151,000 miles
By travis30

2000 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car recently from a Ford dealership of all places(haha!) for 4,300 and although that price may be high, I didn't leave the lot with the car until I comfortable that it was in great running condition. And it was, and still is. Stupid check engine light was on when I bought it, but ignored it. Had autozone check it,P0171 bank 1 fuel mixture too lean(rough idle is all I noticed). So I bought 2 new bosch o2 sensors(pre and post catalytic), a bosch fuel pump, 2 rear Monroe econo matic quik struts, new bosch spark plugs, stp air filter, oil change(bosch oil filter), didn't need anyone of these parts but I got them anyways. Runs perfect, not a single problem. MY FAVORITE CAR.

Handling, acceleration, reliability, ease of installation of parts yourself even if you have to rent special tools from autozone, ignition over plug spark plug configuration(no spark plug wires), big trunk, very good gas mileage, dependable. just maintain it like you're supposed to, get the parts replaced that eventually break down, and you'll have a great car for many years and many, many 1,000's of miles. Mine is at 151K and I plan to make it 250K or more!

Small. Seats are uncomfortable. I'm a small guy, smaller than my wife, and the seats back area is very uncomfortable and you can't adjust it like you can on other cars where the air lets out you know on the lower back area. Cup holders in an inconvenient spot. ashtray is right below. I'm a smoker. I can't smoke a cigarette and drink a pop at the same time. sun visors are low quality. very thin. backseat area is cramped, even for my 3 small kids. Is there a known problem with Toyota Corolla's displaying the Check Engine Light for NO reason?

Now this is a Toyota
By jjimbo

2000 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I got this car used from my cousin. It had been in two different accidents and was still going strong. This model of Toyota could not be killed. Everything worked, motor sang like a sewing machine and looked very neat and clean. The only thing I didn't like was the size of the inside.