Used 2000 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Slightly disappointed
By jds2805

2000 Toyota Corolla Sedan VE 4dr Sedan

Perhaps I got a dud but I was disappointed. I kept up all maintanence. But at 194k miles the transmission went out, shocks went out, gasket blew and alternator died. 194k miles for a Toyota is to soon for transmission and engine problems. Especially since the early 90s models are going 250k+ miles with no problems. It did get great gas mileage and maintanence was cheap. I'd still take Toyota over Ford or Dodge any day.

My 2000 Corolla still kicking butt at 151,000 miles
By travis30

2000 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car recently from a Ford dealership of all places(haha!) for 4,300 and although that price may be high, I didn't leave the lot with the car until I comfortable that it was in great running condition. And it was, and still is. Stupid check engine light was on when I bought it, but ignored it. Had autozone check it,P0171 bank 1 fuel mixture too lean(rough idle is all I noticed). So I bought 2 new bosch o2 sensors(pre and post catalytic), a bosch fuel pump, 2 rear Monroe econo matic quik struts, new bosch spark plugs, stp air filter, oil change(bosch oil filter), didn't need anyone of these parts but I got them anyways. Runs perfect, not a single problem. MY FAVORITE CAR.

Favorite Features

Handling, acceleration, reliability, ease of installation of parts yourself even if you have to rent special tools from autozone, ignition over plug spark plug configuration(no spark plug wires), big trunk, very good gas mileage, dependable. just maintain it like you're supposed to, get the parts replaced that eventually break down, and you'll have a great car for many years and many, many 1,000's of miles. Mine is at 151K and I plan to make it 250K or more!

Suggested Improvements

Small. Seats are uncomfortable. I'm a small guy, smaller than my wife, and the seats back area is very uncomfortable and you can't adjust it like you can on other cars where the air lets out you know on the lower back area. Cup holders in an inconvenient spot. ashtray is right below. I'm a smoker. I can't smoke a cigarette and drink a pop at the same time. sun visors are low quality. very thin. backseat area is cramped, even for my 3 small kids. Is there a known problem with Toyota Corolla's displaying the Check Engine Light for NO reason?

Now this is a Toyota
By jjimbo

2000 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I got this car used from my cousin. It had been in two different accidents and was still going strong. This model of Toyota could not be killed. Everything worked, motor sang like a sewing machine and looked very neat and clean. The only thing I didn't like was the size of the inside.

Never let me down
By sylvia713

2000 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I got my 2000 toyota corolla when i was 19 for my first car and i just now (4 years later) got rid of it because it was to small, i have a baby now and the backseat is not very big. Besides the lack of space my corolla was awesome, only thing i ever had to to do was routine maintenance! Awesome first car. If your not worried about space i definitely recommend a corolla cant beat toyota reliability!

Suggested Improvements

More interior space.

It Just Won't Die
By Huck

2000 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

We've used this car as a daily commuter and grocery getter for over seven years and it still hangs tough. The check engine light stays on for no reason that the mechanic can find, but it still runs well. One day we'll move up to something more modern, but for basic, economical transportation it will still be running around town when today's Dodge Calibers and Nissan Versas are toast. Those who survive the apocalypse will be driving Corollas.

Favorite Features

Cheap to run, good on gas and not terribly embarrassing to be seen in. The trunk is pretty roomy and you can park it anywhere.

Suggested Improvements

Hard plastic armrest should go as should the cheap sun visors. The cup holders are useless and the backseat is a bit cramped.