2003 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
great car
By california-coaster on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The performance of this car is great. Driving mountain roads in California it really feels solid. There are no unpleasant surprises in the handling that I've encountered.

sake alive
By thepop on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Been searching for quite a while for a new car. And became tired of the emphasis on luxury. I wanted a car to make me feel alive when I drive. This car has a great sounding engine and, although power is sacrificed for fuel economy, the rage is there when I want it. Initially, I was wary of the 6 speed, but in my experience, it is a breeze to shift and much tighter than the c230K and saab93. Because of it's control I feel much safer in it than my clunky old SUV. This car trades off raw enthusiam when I want with fuel sipping economy while maintaing an excellent poise.

A great car
By T.East on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car friendly to drive great handling and power with the 5 speed.smooth shifting and forgiving.the paint is very thin,and the plastics soft to road debris,rocks etc.Lighter is cheaper i guess how else do you get 31+ miles to the gallon and i drive freeway 95% of the time at 80 miles per hour great gas milage.pricey to some but hey not every corner you turn you see one comming at you ethier,its worth it, go get one youll love it, have fun .

Perfect
By celicaGTJ on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second car, my first was a Chrysler, nice but not too much fun. My Celica is awesome! Toyota has been very helpful, I have been in contact with Toyota USA France and Japan and they are all more than willing to help. I haven't had any problems with it except a bus running into it but it just got some scratches which came out quite easially. This car is perfect! Well, one morning it was really cold and wouldn't start very easily but that was the only problem I've ever had. I highly recomend it!

The best car in the entire world!!!!!!!!
By aznla on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Can not compare to any others car. The best car in terms of power train and tranny. Not like any cars that made in Detroit. I'm going to keep this car forever. It has the power which I expected to have and it gets up fast and run fast as well. Over all this is going to be my babbbiiiii forever. Toyotas are the best. Keep it up.

What a kick!
By Celman on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a mid-life crisis car. looked at Mustangs but didn't trust Ford. Looked at Miatas and almost wnet that way. also checked out Eclipse. Toyota quality (I've owned three) and the zip and pep of the Celica sold me. Fun and has some practicality as well.

CELICA A+++
By EPme on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Beautiful Design. High revving. When Lifts hits it really pulls.

It's all good
By Daddymack on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Toyota makes a great any type of a car. The car is fun to drive. It will last 200,000 miles no problem. I have a 96 Celica it is a work horse. The only problem that it burns oil, it has 145,000 miles on it & my Toyota mechanic says it will keep going and going. Guess that's why they made the newer Celica's 6 speeds because of high engine rev ups.

All Around Fun Car
By Holly_____ on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Pros: Wonderful Handeling, tight steering, excellent response, on-a-dime breaks, good arrangment of instruments, beautiful inside and out. Good gas economy-Toyota quality and service. Cons: Seat size. You must be a small to medium sized adult to fit comfortably in the front seat, and child-sized to fit in the back. Huge blind spot, spoiler doesn't help. Trunk is difficult to close. Needs more HP to be a true racing car. Low torque. Lowness to ground can make hard to get in and out of. Really a car for the young. I have been absolutley satisfied with this car...it's amazing to feel the acceleration and precision of the response on the highway...

Good
By EdLover on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Car is very very very very very very very very ver very very very very awesome