Used 2003 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Celica

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Fantastic car
By EKinCapistrano

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It surprised me how well Celicas retained their value, then I drove one! I'd been eyeballing them for a couple months and when I finally had enough cash to buy it outright, I didn't hesitate to scoop one up. I disagree with the sports car classification but it is quick. Having owned a junky '97 Sebring and still owning a '70 El Camino, both problematic, it's great to have a car where I only need to do routine maintenance and it runs like a top. My Celica has almost 94,000 miles on it and I can probably get another 100,000 out of it before it starts to really fall apart!

Favorite Features

Easily the gas mileage, the reliability and the handling. It's a well-built car all around.

Suggested Improvements

The engine could use more guts, but it's probably moot since Celicas aren't manufactured anymore.

2002 celica
By ronnyCELICA

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT TOYOTA CELICA GO TO WWW.CELICA.NET AND BECOME A MEMBER FOR FREE...metallic paint option on it. how about some power seats it wouldn't be great? .the paint quality is really bad i've been with my car for 1 year and half and i already have a lot of scrathes in the front bumper and the hood.ahh i don't know if guys heard but THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM WITH THE BELT TENSIONER OR PRETENSIONER ALOT OF PEOPLE HAD PROBLEMS WITH IT IT'S A DEFECT FROM THE MANUFACTURER.IS JUST MAKES A RATTLE NOISE WHEN YOU START THE CAR FOR LIKE 15 MINUTES THEN STOP.THE DEALER CHANGED THE BELT AND THE TENSIONER

Favorite Features

SHAPE OF THE CAR, HEADLIGHTS...INTERIOR DESIGN....

GT-S Performance is horrible
By MikeD9999999

2003 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

DO NOT BUY THE GT-S AUTOMATIC! This car's performance is horrible. It's acceleration is nil from a stop. It is ok after you get in second gear.

Favorite Features

Looks great! Just don't try and drag race anyone or they will laugh at you.

Suggested Improvements

Live up to their advertising. I would say that Toyota has committed fraud with their faulty advertising on the performance of this vehicle. I will never buy a car again without a good road test.

"Auto. Celica is a DOG!!", Toyota Rep
By liberty

2003 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After explaining problems to Toyota Rep, he said "Celica GTS with an Automatic trans is a "dog". It performs exactly like you described, there's nothing mechanically wrong with the car." He said "You signed for the car, you own it." I was flabbergasted. I asked if Toyota planned to continue to manufacture this car he said yes. You can't rely on any power when accelerating from a stop. I floor the gas pedal at a stop, I get no acceleration. DO NOT BUY THIS DOG!!

Favorite Features

Exterior body style and leather dash configuration.

Suggested Improvements

Engineer a safe car before you market and sell it!

Ugh
By Ket

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new. I have never been in an accident, but the car's been in the shop 4 months out of the 4 years I've had it anyway. The throttle body assembly went, both of the O2 sensors went, the AC went, my sunroof was fixed for leaking, both windows fixed for leaking, left window motor replaced, and the front hood's paint job is messed up/chipping despite my constant attention to it. I get an oil change every 3,000 miles, no exceptions and suggested services as necessary (tune-ups, fluid flushes, etc). It's only got 57,000 miles on it. Guess I got a bad one.

Favorite Features

Exterior style.

Suggested Improvements

Window seals.