2002 Toyota Celica Consumer Review: I'm gonna miss this car...

2002 Toyota Celica - Consumer Review

GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

I'm gonna miss this car...
By Zahmorri on

2002 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My Celica treated me so well. Handled like a dream, fantastic gas mileage (always around 30 mpg), not a single mechanical issue in the six years I owned it (bought it used in 2004 with 30k). Very smooth manual transmission. Yeah, there's no backseat, but what do you expect? It's not meant to be a family car. With decent tires, it can handle a Kansas winter, which is saying a lot for a 2400 lb car. I got in a bad front-impact accident and totaled mine, and the crush zones were phenomenal. Everything behind the firewall was completely untouched. For such a small car, I felt very safe in it. Not to mention sexy, because it's a dang good looking car.

SO fun to drive, easy to park, incredibly reliable. Great gas mileage. Easy access to all controls from the driver's seat. Turns heads. More than adequate power for a four cylinder.

Acoustics weren't that great. Cup holder location is inconvenient, especially with a stick. Low visibility out the back window. Road noise (but that's probably because it was so lightweight).