A 60 Year Old Baby Boomer in a car for a 30 something.
By ktb1 on
2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
OK. So here goes. Purchased Aug 2012. This is not going to be a very good review. I am a 5'8" and about 255lbs so I'm a big guy. When I sit in the buckets seats they uncomfortably squeeze me on both sides. The "sport suspension" makes the vehicle ride like a JEEP! Every little bump! And now onto the tires. Low profile, hard riding, difficult to maintain even air pressure. "Grey" coated Aluminum wheels. When and if you inadvertently scrape them on a curb or such they cannot be touched up and look cheezey! The automatic tire inflation monitor on the cabin touch screen is absolutely useless. The so called "miles per gallon" gauge on the right side of the dashboard is downright stupid.
Favorite Features
Man that 6Cyl engine is the Bomb! Even better performance than the 2003 Camry V6 XLE I traded in. Flows out onto the interstate like a rocket! If I don't pay attention I am easily doing 80-85 MPH in the blink of an eye! Steering response is very sensitive and requires head up attention at all times. Not too much playing around with the touch screen audio during flight!
Suggested Improvements
V6 should be avail in LE Model. Did not want to pay for XLE to get a V6 so had to go for SE. Suspension too stiff- not a race car. Hello! How about a dash mounted button for trunk & gas door release. What's with this lever on the floor. That's 70's technology! I went from a 2003 Camry V6 XLE to a 2012 V6 SE. Wow the front cabin space seems much tighter then the 2003! Can barely get my seat belt clicked in. Much too tight. Every time I go to use the seat adjuster my left wrist with my watch scrapes the plastic on the door. Can barely fit. The 2003 was open and spacious with wider comfortable but supportive seats in the same cabin width. I am about to trade it in with only 12500 miles on it.
By michaeld_utah
on 06/26/14 05:38 AM (PDT)

OK, so what you're saying is you shouldn't have bought the SE, as most of your complaints revolve around SE features, such as the extra side bolstering on the seats and the stiffer suspension. You have nobody to blame here but yourself.