2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verona model:
worst car ever
By scolvell on 07/12/12 13:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

after owning the car for just over a year and a half I have already replaced MAP at $75, MAF at $90 (twice), head gasket under warranty, catalytic converter under warranty, ignition coils at $800+ (all 6), and a fuel pump under warranty all with only 54k on the car. I just brought it back in for a problem that I have been having with the car almost since day 1 with the cars idle dropping to about 400 and dieing or surging to 1200 and trying to ram the car in front of me at the stop light. The transmission shifts rough. With all this the dealer can't duplicate my problems stating that it drove fine for them. It has the power of a 4cyl with all the mpg of a v8

Problems
By figs1 on 10/12/11 12:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

i baught the car at 30k miles after an old ladie had it. got it for a sweet deal and thought i just made out with a great buy. by the first week my tpsm light was going off with 40 lbs of air in each tire. i drove it to college (700 miles) over 10 times. while over at college my car started jerking and pulling to find out i have to replace my intake. got it replaced for boo koo bucks and everything was good. about a day later the jerking started again. it would stall out at lights go low (300) rpm and jump to 6000 rpm. this would spin my tires and even fight my brakes causing me to have an accident with a 2011 lexus (not good) got it repaird and found that the wire connectors were loose.

Driving a Death Trap
By pegasus2017 on 07/01/11 07:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car bucks and sputters and stalls when I'm not giving it enough gas. The problem is the Throttle Body which becomes contaminated with coolant and can't regulate the car's idle. It's been replaced 3 times, but they haven't found where the coolant is leaking, so it happens repeatedly. A rep from California was involved, and oversaw the last repair, which lasted 7 months, and then it started again. This time they washed their hands of me, and my dealer told me they can't do anymore. I'll never buy Suzuki again. My little boy has Cancer and we have to drive an hour each way for chemo every week. I have to drive with one foot on the gas and one on the brake. This car's a death trap.

Loved Car @ 1st, Now Suffering Many Issues!!!
By lml215 on 01/05/11 12:45 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We loved this car @ 1st. We've had it 3 yrs. It's an 05 we bought in 07. Shortly after purchasing the back bumper was hit in a parking lot. Instead of only bending the bumper, a 2 1/2 ft. long piece of paint peeled off and fell. The check engine light comes on frequently & took it to the shop the first couple of times, to find out that "nothing was wrong". It still comes on and goes off all the time. A month ago it started jerking while driving, at random times. Sometimes within 5 mins, sometimes we drive all day before it happens, sometimes it won't at all. Now the key won't turn in the ignition 75% of time. After trying several times it finally will. Is this happening to anyone else???

Why oh Why Verona
By Jessi on 01/22/10 16:58 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2005 Verona for a few years. Like a few other owners my air bag light came on shortly after i brought her home. It's still on today. I had no problems with this car until the 100k mile mark. At the present time my car is parked, and I can't drive as there is something terribly wrong with it. I lose oil and anti-freeze but nothing is ever found on the ground. So i guess until I figure out the issue I'll continue to wonder why oh why I bought my Verona.

poor building/customerservice
By naomi hunter on 10/14/09 02:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car since2005 ,ivehad motor rebuilt,electricty problems and 5times check engine light on. took to dealer .took to dealer one week to look for diagnosis.left withno transportation and the warranty allways not covered these problems.will be notifying bbb

No More Suzy Qs 4-Me
By Big Mel on 03/13/08 20:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Personally, I like the automobile as a whole. It's fun to drive and has a lot of drive appeal. The only set back I truly have is trying to find parts (since I am somewhat a "do-it-yourselfer"); and even at best it seems to be difficult for auto shops to find the necessary parts (like air filters). Other than that it's a great car, fun to drive and all in all I haven't had any serious problems out of this car. I'll say on a scale from one to ten I'll give it an eight.

Quality and Reliability BUST
By JoT on 01/03/08 14:02 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in like with this car when I saw it on the lot, and in love when I saw the price tag. Unfortunately, all appearances were deceiving. This car has been a lemon since week one. I started taking the car to the Suzuki dealership myself after the the dealer I purchased it from demonstrated that they couldn't get a power outlet fuze replaced under the Suzuki warranty in less than two weeks. I have spent cummulative weeks at the nearest Suzuki dealership, having oxy-sensors replaced, the ECU reprogrammed multiple times, the ignition lock, the wheel lock, and many, many smaller random sensors replaced. Then the bumper-to- bumper warranty ran out and I'm stuck in a lemon.

2005 Verona S
By gtsfirefighter on 03/15/07 15:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our '05 as a demo with 6,500 miles on it. It's the smoothest running car I've ever had. Other than a few minor issues I have no complaints. The city gas mileage could be better, but we do pretty well on the highway, at 30-32 mpg. The city mileage is 23 or so mpg. We have one complaint and that is the sound system. Suzuki could have done a lot better with the radio and speakers.

Verona Vomit
By Stupid Steph on 12/29/06 17:36 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for approximately fifteen months in which time I have experienced a rear brake fluid leak that caused them to go all the way to the floor. Now that I am want to get a different car, no one will give me much for it because they say that the word is "the transmissions are no good." I myself have experienced it stalling and shifting in and out while driving down the highway.

1 2 3 4 5 next »