Used 2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Verona - Consumer Reviews

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan

View reviews for a specific Verona model:

Most Helpful|
worst car ever
By scolvell

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

after owning the car for just over a year and a half I have already replaced MAP at $75, MAF at $90 (twice), head gasket under warranty, catalytic converter under warranty, ignition coils at $800+ (all 6), and a fuel pump under warranty all with only 54k on the car. I just brought it back in for a problem that I have been having with the car almost since day 1 with the cars idle dropping to about 400 and dieing or surging to 1200 and trying to ram the car in front of me at the stop light. The transmission shifts rough. With all this the dealer can't duplicate my problems stating that it drove fine for them. It has the power of a 4cyl with all the mpg of a v8

Favorite Features

I love the interior it is the best thing about the car

Suggested Improvements

pull the interior out and put it in a more reliable car

Driving a Death Trap
By pegasus2017

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car bucks and sputters and stalls when I'm not giving it enough gas. The problem is the Throttle Body which becomes contaminated with coolant and can't regulate the car's idle. It's been replaced 3 times, but they haven't found where the coolant is leaking, so it happens repeatedly. A rep from California was involved, and oversaw the last repair, which lasted 7 months, and then it started again. This time they washed their hands of me, and my dealer told me they can't do anymore. I'll never buy Suzuki again. My little boy has Cancer and we have to drive an hour each way for chemo every week. I have to drive with one foot on the gas and one on the brake. This car's a death trap.

Favorite Features

The trunk is HUGE.

Problems
By figs1

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

i baught the car at 30k miles after an old ladie had it. got it for a sweet deal and thought i just made out with a great buy. by the first week my tpsm light was going off with 40 lbs of air in each tire. i drove it to college (700 miles) over 10 times. while over at college my car started jerking and pulling to find out i have to replace my intake. got it replaced for boo koo bucks and everything was good. about a day later the jerking started again. it would stall out at lights go low (300) rpm and jump to 6000 rpm. this would spin my tires and even fight my brakes causing me to have an accident with a 2011 lexus (not good) got it repaird and found that the wire connectors were loose.

Suggested Improvements

check all your wiring. make sure things are fully pluged in. do not remove the plugs because the more you remove the plug the more chance of bending the pins inside making the connection worse just push them on and see if they move. do not put in reg. gass. since i have changed what type of gas i put in the car its idle much smother accelerated better and have not had a problem with the intake. take it easy on the car im a teen and beat the car good and pay the price for it. its a tuff car its flown through the air, screached around corners, drifted through snow and even hit a few off road trails. its held out great even made it further than some trucks. but i pay for the abuse in the garage

Why oh Why Verona
By Jessi

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2005 Verona for a few years. Like a few other owners my air bag light came on shortly after i brought her home. It's still on today. I had no problems with this car until the 100k mile mark. At the present time my car is parked, and I can't drive as there is something terribly wrong with it. I lose oil and anti-freeze but nothing is ever found on the ground. So i guess until I figure out the issue I'll continue to wonder why oh why I bought my Verona.

Favorite Features

steering wheel radio dial

Loved Car @ 1st, Now Suffering Many Issues!!!
By lml215

2005 Suzuki Verona Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We loved this car @ 1st. We've had it 3 yrs. It's an 05 we bought in 07. Shortly after purchasing the back bumper was hit in a parking lot. Instead of only bending the bumper, a 2 1/2 ft. long piece of paint peeled off and fell. The check engine light comes on frequently & took it to the shop the first couple of times, to find out that "nothing was wrong". It still comes on and goes off all the time. A month ago it started jerking while driving, at random times. Sometimes within 5 mins, sometimes we drive all day before it happens, sometimes it won't at all. Now the key won't turn in the ignition 75% of time. After trying several times it finally will. Is this happening to anyone else???

Favorite Features

We love the body style, and the interior design. It's comfortable and drove very smoothly in the beginning.

Suggested Improvements

Separate heat and air for the driver and passenger would be great. Larger cup holders are needed; the holder in front, closest to the shifter, is the right size, however not one cup will fit in the holder behind it. The second holder, that's closest the the back is so small that every cup I've tried putting in it won't fit except for children's cups! And even those won't fit when there's a cup in the first holder because they are too close together!