Used 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2011 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

My $38K Mistake
By szampa

2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Without a doubt, the STI was one of the WORST cars I have ever owned. Horrible build quality. Dealer could never get the hatch to close right. The hoodscoop and headlights rattled and vibrated at highway speeds. The dash developed rattles and squeaks and made the interior sound like it was falling apart. Horrible gearbox. Syncros never seemed to mesh, clutch was inconsistent and shifter would always hang-up between gears. GPS was old, outdated, cumbersome and inaccurate. Radio was grossly underpowered. Had to be run at full volume to overcome highway noise. Performance is underwhelming - all hype. Sorry Subaru, not feeling the "love"! Didn't last 5K miles with me. VERY disappointed.

Favorite Features

Good brakes

Suggested Improvements

Overall build quality could be VASTLY improved. Paint is of horrible quality and is way too thin. The slightest brush with a rock leaves a gaping wound in the paint. Transmission sucks - feels like it's out of a concrete truck. All-wheel drive is nice, but is a big power sucker. Underwhelming performance - thought the car was supposed to be fast! Cheap interior - all plastic and no sound deading at all. Put in a decent stereo for crying out loud! I'd expect this kind of audio quality from a Yugo. Ditch the GPS - it sucks and uses CD's - really? Too many stupid nonsensical lights and displays. Thought I liked the styling at first, but then saw it for what it was...looks like a computer mouse.