2009 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: 2009 WRX STI - Best car I've e

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX STI - Consumer Review

2009 WRX STI - Best car I've ever owned!
By JD1 on

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I needed a car that had enough room for two small children (occasionally), AWD for the snow (no snow plows or salt trucks here in the Pacific NW), and I wanted a car that would have great performance (but economical enough for daily commute). I've had this car for 3 months, and I couldn't be more pleased. It meets all my needs (though not tried in snow yet). I keep it in the "Sport" setting, and average 21mpg in mixed driving conditions. Not a single problem with the car. A few additional costs: insurance went up $200/yr and car requires 92 octane fuel, but it's money well spent. Nicely balanced suspension (not too stiff, not too soft). The STI is a very high quality vehicle in and out.

Favorite Features

Acceleration/cornering outstanding! The sound of the turbo winding up just soothes my soul... Though the car is a performance beast, it is sedate enough in the "I" mode that my wife is comfortable driving the car around. Seats are very comfortable for a tall (6-1)driver. Get lots of compliments...

Suggested Improvements

Heated seats not an option in U.S. 2009 STI, but are available on Canadian 2009 STI (wish this had been an option). Some mud flaps would be nice. Gearbox a bit noisy in 2nd gear when decelerating. Front passenger seat should have same seat controls as the driver's seat. Otherwise, no complaints.