2003 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Little Red Wagon of Fun

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

Little Red Wagon of Fun
By WRX03 on

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I did some pulls to seat the rings when I first got the car and now I'm babing the engine until the recommended 1000. Seating the rings was a teaser of the potential of this peppy little wagon. The misses jumped on me because I surpassed the 4k max rpm for breakend when I had to pull out in heavy traffic Even at 3/4 throttle the car and rpm's jump when you reach 3k rpm. Unfortunatly I see that you really need to either slip the clutch or drop the clutch if you really want a fast takeoff. But in turn it's a nice little car to putt around at gas saving speeds. There is enough power at low rpm's for everyday around town driving.

Even putting around town, the car is a blast to drive. It's cute, can get good gas mileage, has some grrr when you step on the loud pedal. This wagon is a perfect sleeper. *The 03 has a trailer hitch connector now, unlike the 02.

I installed the trailer hitch and a Prodrive muffler the second day I had the car. The stock muffler doesn't do this car justice. The main driver is over 50 and a woman and she loves the sound of quiet rumble the Prodrive muffler gives the car. The Prodrive should be a stock item.