Little Red Wagon of Fun
By WRX03 on
2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I did some pulls to seat the rings when I first got the car and now I'm babing the engine until the recommended 1000. Seating the rings was a teaser of the potential of this peppy little wagon. The misses jumped on me because I surpassed the 4k max rpm for breakend when I had to pull out in heavy traffic Even at 3/4 throttle the car and rpm's jump when you reach 3k rpm. Unfortunatly I see that you really need to either slip the clutch or drop the clutch if you really want a fast takeoff. But in turn it's a nice little car to putt around at gas saving speeds. There is enough power at low rpm's for everyday around town driving.
Favorite Features
Even putting around town, the car is a blast to drive. It's cute, can get good gas mileage, has some grrr when you step on the loud pedal. This wagon is a perfect sleeper. *The 03 has a trailer hitch connector now, unlike the 02.
Suggested Improvements
I installed the trailer hitch and a Prodrive muffler the second day I had the car. The stock muffler doesn't do this car justice. The main driver is over 50 and a woman and she loves the sound of quiet rumble the Prodrive muffler gives the car. The Prodrive should be a stock item.