2002 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: My car Spike

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Review

My car Spike
By Albert Long on

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my WRX in April of 2001 which was the first year they were produced. When I first saw it, I thought that from the front it looked like a bulldog and since every bulldog I have ever known was named spike I named my WRX "Spike" and it immeditatly became a member of the family. After three years and 35000 miles it has never let me down. In that time it has developed only one minor problem: a slight gasoline leak that was quickly taken care of. I know that when it comes time to trade Spike, that it's going to be like having to put down your pet.

The turbo. Even though I don't make a habit of hotroding it, it's comfortable knowing that if I wanted to, I could and to see the look on their face when a gray-headed 67 year old man blows their doors off.

I can't see where they could improve the car. The only suggestion I could come up with is that although the service is very accommodating, It's just so darn expensive.