2002 Subaru Impreza 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - My car Spike

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Review

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My car Spike
By Albert Long on

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my WRX in April of 2001 which was the first year they were produced. When I first saw it, I thought that from the front it looked like a bulldog and since every bulldog I have ever known was named spike I named my WRX "Spike" and it immeditatly became a member of the family. After three years and 35000 miles it has never let me down. In that time it has developed only one minor problem: a slight gasoline leak that was quickly taken care of. I know that when it comes time to trade Spike, that it's going to be like having to put down your pet.

Favorite Features

The turbo. Even though I don't make a habit of hotroding it, it's comfortable knowing that if I wanted to, I could and to see the look on their face when a gray-headed 67 year old man blows their doors off.

Suggested Improvements

I can't see where they could improve the car. The only suggestion I could come up with is that although the service is very accommodating, It's just so darn expensive.