2016 Subaru BRZ Coupe Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Subaru BRZ Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific BRZ model:

2016 limited brz
By Tyshawn

2016 Subaru BRZ Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Swapped manual 2013 BRZ for an automatic 2016
By k holland

2016 Subaru BRZ Coupe Limited 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The Perfect Sports Car - For the Price
By Ken

2016 Subaru BRZ Coupe Series.HyperBlue 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Keeping in mind that you can get the BRZ for less than $30,000 it is, in my opinion, the best sports car of the modern era.

The driving position, steering feel, and ability for an amateur driver to push the BRZ to the limit is the reason that it makes every driver smile. The point of the BRZ (or the FR-S, or GT 86 since they are all essentially the same car) is to make a grown-up feel like a child again. The car makes me giggle, and flatters my abilities to the point where I never feel unsafe.

I was in a unique situation where I was able to purchase one of the 500 Hyper Blue BRZ's and as long as I never wreck it, I expect it to be a future classic. So whenever I get the chance, I take it for a blast through the hills, or if I can leave a little early, I take the long way to work and arrive with a smile plastered across my face.

In a world where most of us drive grayscale people carrying boxes, the BRZ feels extra special. It's a reminder of how much fun driving can be, and without putting in too much money, it has the comforts, look and finish of a far more expensive car. The interior has Hyper Blue stitching to match the paint, and with black accents, the BRZ feels just right. The controls are where you expect them to be, and the large, centrally mounted tachometer runs happily up above 7000rpm before a light flashes at you to shift up before you ping it off the limiter.

As driving experiences go, it is hard to get more smiles per gallon for my money.

UPDATE: after 6000 miles the BRZ has become an extension of me and I am happy to say I still love it.

Not suffering the Hyper Blues with this car
By Chuck

2016 Subaru BRZ Coupe Series.HyperBlue 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

If you are 50 plus and carrying a few pounds, it may be harder to get in and out of this car, but once you are in seat, WOW, the fun begins. If I were prone to drifting, this car could do that. My 16 year old daughter said that starting from a stop light and going through the first four gears reminds her of the push back in seat feeling of jet take off. Great color, only 500 made for USA for 2016. Gets lots of looks. After decades of driving SUV's and minivans, I owed this car to myself and haven't looked back since driving off the lot.
Hugs the road really well with quick responsive steering and braking. Ditch to ditch low beam headlights that allow for up and down switch adjustment is great for avoiding deer.
Recommended accessories are WeatherTech floor liners, Trunk Liner and the NEW 3M™ Scotchgard Paint Protection Film Pro Series. Invisible and 7 year coverage to protect against rock chips and dings as this is a low riding car. Saved on the cost by half by going to Tint shop for Protection Film instead of dealer.
Have had the car for two and a half weeks at 348 miles now so still breaking in engine. Premium fuel only.
Did buy the extended warranty to 7 year which added to initial cost. Tax in our Washington State County 8.8%
My driving experience 27 years in police cars.
Bought as commuter.