2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Consumer Review: Tribeca's great! (exc. gas mil

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV - Consumer Review

Tribeca's great! (exc. gas mileage!)
By Lanie on

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Tribeca. I also own an '03 Honda Pilot. Both had the NAV system, the 'becca has the DVD too. The Tribeca is much more posh inside, but I think its NAV is worst than the Pilot. The driver shouldn't have to figure out which "zone" she is looking up an address in, and living in Pa/NJ, I have to switch between zones! The Honda NAV is much nicer, easier to work, and thus quicker. Subaru should send out discs that cover all the USA! This zone stuff is from years ago. Another downfall on the Subaru is the lack of the radio station and time being featured alongside the map. Press map, then feature, then back to map. Not cool. And the gas mileage, well, I'm doing 18mpg at best on the highway.

Favorite Features

Nice smooth ride. All the bells and whistles.JUST PLAIN LOOKS SHARP!

Suggested Improvements

NAV -- make it retro to only one disc needed for USA. Send out to buyers IMMEDIATELY. Have temp and radio channel be displayed with map. Book said it is possible, it isn't. Have extended pedals as option. Be honest about gas performance!