2007 Scion tC Consumer Review: The specs are wrong at Edmunds

2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Review

The specs are wrong at Edmunds.com
By Daniel on

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just got this car at the weekend and love it so far. I got the TYC taillights, because I hate the standard ones (boring). The TYC's look excellent with my Nautical Blue. The TRD short-throw shifter is also excellent, a huge improvement over the stock shifter. The point of my review though, is that the 2007 engine is actually slightly tuned up, and the real figures for hp and torque are: 161hp @ 5,700 rpm (300 rpm lower than before). 163 lb ft torque @ 4,000 rpm (200 rpm lower than before). Those are the official numbers on the Scion site.

It has nice accelleration in 2nd gear especially. The TYC taillights are a huge improvement over the stock ones, especially with dark paint colors. I appreciate the slight engine power improvement this year. Everyone loves the reclining rear seats. It has lots of space for four average size people to sit comfortably without knees touching the seats.

A climate control option would be nice. A choice of stock tires would be nice too, although I was lucky as mine came with Yokohamas instead of previous year's Bridgestones.