2007 Scion tC Consumer Review: One of the Best Values Out The

2007 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Review

One of the Best Values Out There

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a little over a month ago with side airbags. Right now have just over a 1,000 miles on it. On three tanks of gas I have averaged 27 mpg. So far it does not have any of the infamous rattles, but sometimes there are some creaks here and there when riding on rough pavement or over bumps. Overall I like the design, comfort, and quality of the interior. Its ride and handling are similar to a modern sporty sedan such as an Accord, I own one - a 2005. Its handling is not as responsive as I would like it to be, compared to my old `98 VW Golf. Its acceleration is near excellent. The clutch is very "touchy-feely" - it took me over a week to get used to it enough such that the take offs are smooth every time without much effort.

It has a compliant and confident ride. I like the MT feel. It has a beautiful exterior and interior design. Hopefully it has the bulletproof Toyota reliability as well. The manual transmission makes it fun to drive.

It needs to have a 6th OD gear. In my opinion, the rear moonroof is unnecessary. I would've preferred a hard good quality front sunroof sliding cover instead. When the sunroof is open and the rear moonroof cover is closed it loudly flaps in the wind.