Used 2005 Scion tC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Scion tc review
By erin

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a nice looking car and fun to drive. For the price you get what you paid for. I have some problems with the body of the car. This car is horrible in the snow.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, like the sunroof, pretty good gas mileage, good style

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof whistles, body needs to be built stronger. My back trim around the hatchback is broken and also my sun visor/shield has also recently broken, Car dents easily from other people bumping it with their car doors.

Faster than a Supra!
By hachiroku

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have an 05 tC and an 88 Supra. R&T tested both cars in the year they were produced, the tC was 7.8 to 60, the Supra 7.9. The car handles like it's on rails, the stock tires are very good. The build quality is very good, but there is a rattle in the dash when it's cold (surprise...). Driveability is extremely good. Except for being a little taller and being FWD this car is as much a blast as my '85 Corolla GTS was. The stock sound system is good, better speakers like Quarts make it excellent.

Favorite Features

Styling, handling, agility and sheer fun to drive. Good sound from stock stereo, smooth looking controls. With a hatch and fold down seats I can move my 2x15" bass amp in the car with ease. The overhead panoramic roof is fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

The seats to me are not that comfortable. I am used to the seats in my 88 Supra, my 85 Corolla GTS and my 85 Celica GTS with longer seat bottoms. Also, the seat is too close to the pedals. The other cars I sit and stretch in, this one is like sitting at a desk. Body panels are thin!

Nightmare
By STANGMAC8183

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in a 2001 Acura Integra GSR for a 2005 Scion TC, that was the biggest mistake in my life car wise. My scion was in the shop 13 times in 3 months. The windshield was replaced bc it broke due to bad weather stripping. The rear hatch panels as well at the glove box were all replace. There are to many problems to list but this car was a nightmare, I traded it in after just 9 months

Favorite Features

Sunroof, radio, torque, and it was a nice handling car before an axle broke

Suggested Improvements

Everything but the engine

Scion tC
By Monet

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Amazing on gas. Good Mileage. Great comfort. And i love the style.

Favorite Features

Exterior look.

Suggested Improvements

Back Seat Style

Great Car!!
By OMork06

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Scion about 6 months ago. It's been the best decision I could've ever made. The only thing that was a concern was the 50,000 miles already put on the engine. With the miles already on engine, it runs great with its powerful 2.4 engine but wouldn't hurt to go a little faster. The car looks great stock! Bought mine slammed about 5 inches off the ground and takes corners like a champ! Great on gas, especially when I drive from PHX to LA about every month. AC comes in handy with the 120 degree weather in the AZ.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, looks great droped with stock rims (even though I put 18" black w/chrome lip rims on it). A/C is made by Toyota so what more can I say. Great with highway MPG. Love the rear fold down seats for more room when I make road trips back home. Engine runs great when engine is well over 130 mph.

Suggested Improvements

Pick up speed is not too spectacular (super charger should help out a bit). City MPG is normal - cold air intake should bump that up, wish I didn't have to go aftermarket to make the car that much better. But I guess I'm asking for a 15 outta 10. Can't complain at all, but upgrades will help.