2005 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Great Car!
By Matt on 08/23/06 09:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

There is no better deal out there. For all of the standard features you get and the power, this car should cost $20,000. The standard transmission is tons of fun and sporty. It has lots of power and a sporty feel when driving while maintaining a comfortable drive. I don't know how Scion is making any money on these with all of the bells and toys that they have in there.

I Love This Car!
By ken on 08/22/06 20:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Scion tC in 2005, a couple months after it came out. I'm glad to say I don't regret it at all. I love the exterior look of it, it has the best of all higher priced cars put into one. Its performance is alright, you could always add a supercharger though =). It is very easy to customize, audio wise. The hatch is perfect for music lovers like me and I can fit my bike in the hatch with the seats down! I thank Toyota everyday for making a perfect, affordable and great car for a college student like me.

Nice Car, Some Problems
By Blake on 08/15/06 05:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like my '05 tC, for the options you couldn't beat the price. However there are some issues that irk me. I have driven six tCs, two on a regular basis for about a year now. I find that each one is different in terms of performance, shifting, handling, etc. Some to the extent they feel like a completely different car. This inconsitency along with several interior and exterior flaws in workmanship/craftmanship (poor seams on seats, thin paint, rattles, whistiling sunroof) lead me to believe that Toyota has lost a lot in terms of quality control compared to my previous '93 Camry and '85 Celica.

Love My Car
By dkdc68 on 08/10/06 14:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The only problem I have experienced, living in the city and parking on the street is that the body components seem extremely susceptible to dents and dings. I've heard others comment on this as well..and body work can be expensive on the metallic paint colors. Otherwise this is my dream car, it is great in town, even better on the higway. I have been getting 34 mpg doing 73 mph in cruise control with the AC on. This car has a high head turning quotient and a good stereo. It feels a little delicate going over bumps, but it's otherwise excellent.

Scion tC
By Sk7007 on 07/25/06 17:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car's air conditioner fails to cool in over 90 degree weather. Also, it has a poor paint job, it chips extremely easily. Also, I have been having trouble with the window moldings.

Sweetness for the Cake
By marky mark on 07/22/06 12:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion tC is a pretty fast for a 4 banger. It gets up quick. It provides lots of fun for the money, but it needs better sound system and a better seat belt system for driver. The driver's belt digs into my neck. Other than that the car kicks butt.

What a Lemon!
By jcf on 07/21/06 11:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Lets see, there's the soft paint that chips too easily, the long doors you usually can't open, the squeaky rear hatch, the sagging rear deck cover, the annoying bright beam light indicator, the horrible stereo cover, the inconvenient stereo buttons, the stupid partially lit brake light, the unsteady cruise control, the marginal air conditioning, and the mediocre gas mileage. Most of all, there's the popping, cracking, rattling moonroof that's plagued my car for most of its 20,000 miles, despite four dealership repairs. The car looks good and runs great, but it's so full of problems that I'd never recommend it to anyone.

Great car for the money
By CentralIL on 07/18/06 14:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a ton for work and have always been a fan of the tC for the long drives. The car is a bit noisy (I think it is just the Potenza tires) and does have more squeaks and rattles then I would have hoped for after 50,000 miles, but the drivtrain and looks of the car are worth the money.

I Love My tC
By K.S. on 07/16/06 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my tC for almost two years and I have loved every minute of driving my car. I have no regrets about buying this car over any of the other models that I considered buying. It is very affordable and well stocked even in the base model. I have the interior LCD floor lights in blue and the pedestal spoiler.

Couldn't Ask for More
By Caleb on 07/15/06 09:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Want more bang for your buck? Electric seats? HA! try finding another car built this well that performs this sharply! I changed my spark plugs to NGK iridium and now get 33 mpg hwy! I'm 6'2" and actually find the car more comfortable than my '98 eclipse! The jellybean shape helps to provide a lot of headroom . There isn't much headroom in the back though, but enough there's legroom for someone who is 6' tall to sit behind me. You can't ask for much more than that. With a bombproof engine, BMW styling and a pandoras box of power just waiting to be opened you can't beat the performance or styling of this vehicle until you reach $22,000 with the supercharged Saturn, but then your car isn't as well built! Do the math on that one!