2014 Scion FR-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Scion FR-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FR-S model:

My daily driver, and favorite car I have had
By Roger Littlepage

2014 Scion FR-S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my daily driver and this puts a smile on my face every day (even after a year of ownership). Handling is amazing! It is definitely quick, yes straight line performance numbers doesnt do this car justice. It is fast through the corners and if you manage the RPMS to stay in the power band it will not disappoint. Some negatives: passengers riding on the highway have complained about a rougher ride (think sports suspension) and there is wind and road noise (I still have crappy stock tires on it, which adds to it). Get behind the wheel and you will never be bothered by any of this. This car is more than numbers, it has that enjoyment factor that cant be measured.

Handling and steering feel is not found in any car at this level. The audio interface is great, I love plugging my iPod in and the integration menus. Low center of gravity, styling, seats, driver position, etc. This is a driver centric car. Storage is actually really decent, especially with the seats folded down. I can fit my Mt Bike, or all my Kiteboarding gear.

Better stock tires. These add to the road noise, and do not inspire confidence in the wet. However, the Traction Control is very effective and has saved me in the rain when a car came in my lane and I had to aggressively swerve. When wet, the windows let out the WORST squelch you will ever hear when lowering or raising, (I have heard this in two other cars, so it is something with the window seal). I have a rattle in the gear shifter above 5k RPMs, Dealer replaced faulty bushings under warranty, which helped but still a small vibration. You may get complaints from passengers on longer trips, let them drive for 5 min then they will understand. (I seriously did this and it worked!)