Used 2004 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

2004 Porsche Cayenne

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

2004 Cayenne S
By lilly71

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I bought mines used 45,000 which is actually good. Had it 3 yrs and everything at once started to go and man was it costley. Over 10,000 grand in 2 months. The passenger brake goes constantly and the radio everyone I spoke to says they have issues with it. If I had to do it over I WOULD NOT GET THIS. Looks are good but so not worth the money. I could have bought a new car for 10 grand. The headlights are like 1,000 just to replace no spare tire. Batteries are like $500 Very costly to say the least.

great bang for the buck!
By richardcayenne

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I saw a beautiful 2004s on a lot and decided to take it for a spin. This is not a fake Porsche but the real deal! I drove it home a week later. A huge pleasure to drive! One worry was mpg but to my surprise it really gets 21 mpg on the highway at 65 ans cruising. Yes there are some bugs like the radio that doesn`t always work but overall I got a $70,000 car for well under 20 grand. One piece of adviceis to verify how the car was maintained and by who.

Favorite Features

the power and how tight everything feels. Overall a high quality and beautiful car.

Suggested Improvements

fix those pesky electronic glitches ( radio, remote for doors not working.....)

LOVE THE TURBO & EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SUV!
By kingr2r

2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned this super rocket for some time now and I have no complaints. If you can afford this car, I strongly suggest to buy one and you won't regret it. I got this car used at Princeton Porsche, NJ and the car was in immaculate condition, black on black w/ dark wood trimmings. It even smelled like new since the previous owner really took care of this baby. I also had the opportunity of owning a 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged (my review is also posted here in edmunds - My supercharged rover! By Rick Respicio on July 26, 2006 23:45pm) but it just can't compare to the Cayenne Turbo. The Cayenne is faster, sportier and more luxurious than the Rover. Test drive one and you'll agree!

Favorite Features

There's just too many to mention, I just like everything about this car and you will too.

Suggested Improvements

Probably the only improvement I can think of is the gas mileage. It doesn't hurt me but it would be nice if I can get more mileage per gallon.

04 TURBO owner here!
By liquidsilk

2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car, super fast, great performance... I wish I was back home in Europe and use it to the limit instead of crusiing 60mph in Cali highways... I like the exterior design more than the latest ones (2012-2013). So musculan! Inside looks bigger to me, again compare to newer ones. Gas consumption might be a problem for some. I am not a commuter and I work 7days. Since I dont have time to drive that much I enjoy when I drive.If you can effort get a new one. Gas mileage is much better.

Suggested Improvements

You may need a radar detector. Driving this car in speed limits is like having a beautiful girl but stopping yourself from having sex! You may need a radar detector or a race track to satisfy your needs! I love my Turbo!

NIGHTMARE S
By qpdsful

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

We just purchased the 04 Cayenne S with under 60k miles, got the extended warranty...after less than a month owning it the rear axle had to be replaced at a cost of $1400.00. 2 weeks later in the hot sun the check coolant light went on, car was in the shop for a week to replace the coolant tubes had to replaced with the aluminum tubes, a Porsche defect that they are currently avoiding, at a cost of $3200.00, exactly 1 week later while I was backing my car into the garage the steering wheel started doing what it wanted and the light came on MOVE STEERING WHEEL there was a loud noise click click click and the car died. Will not start, go into gear, NOTHING. Had to be towed back to the dealer.

Favorite Features

The speed of the car and that is it!

Suggested Improvements

How about a little bit of owner ship on Porsche of North America and replacement of most 04 models. Absoulutley disgusting!