2008 Porsche 911 Consumer Review: Worst exotic imitation ever!

2008 Porsche 911 - Consumer Review

Worst exotic imitation ever!
By Bill Scallia on

2008 Porsche 911 GT2 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is not an exotic at all! It is not worth the price. I own several other exotic cars, and this is the worst! I enjoy my BMW M Roadster better. Here's why. I am not a huge fan of the design. I was hoping to do a longer road test, since I "heard" that the performance was "good". But, the dealer would only let me try it on traffic laden streets for around 2.5 miles. I THOUGHT it might do better, and so I enthusiastically bought it. Now, I regret it. I sold the car around 5 months after I purchased it for around 65% of the original value. I bought a Mercedes Benz AMG, and it is 500% better. Do not get this exotic want-to-be!

The navigation system is great! The fuel economy is pretty good, too. I averaged around 24 mpg. The steering wheel was gorgeous, too.

Redesign the car. I hated the design; I bought the car only for the performance reason, since around 5 people (who I don't think own the car) told me it was phenomenal. Also, make bluetooth standard.