Used 1991 Porsche 911 Carrera Targa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

1991 Porsche 911

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Most underrated 911, Don't believe it !
By pyroseed13

1991 Porsche 911 Carrera Targa 2dr Coupe

My car has 60,000 miles on it and I have owned 4 Porsches. This is the finest, comfortable,and most reliable Porsche series ever built! Yes, they are expensive to maintain, I maintain it at Porsche exclusively and it runs perfectly. I get 18-19 mpg city which is rare for an exotic car. The key is maintenance. The distributor should be replaced every 50k due to the belts inside - that with a proper tune up is approx. $2800. When the engine seals need to be replaced, there are a lot of them, approx $2000 total. When serviced properly, they don't leak oil.The a/c and heat work wonderfully, not like older models with the red, pull up lever freezing for the heat to kick in.

Favorite Features

Impeccable handling, speed, comfort, that awesome tiptronic transmission, yes it is a sports car lovers dream. Great mpg. A real Targa top, open air car.

Suggested Improvements

Keep them air cooled, bring back the real Targa! Porsche should know the best 911 years are behind them. 2000 series are prone to excessive valve guide wear among other problems.They don't make them like they used to so classic car enthusiasts like myself buy the cars they used to sell.