Used 2002 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

silver streak
By blueyz

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

i've owned several SUV's and none were as fun to drive as my AZTEK. it handles well, takes tight turns and the gas milage is great. i did some sporty work to it and it looks great..

Favorite Features

the stero sound system, and my captain seats.

Suggested Improvements

the rear hatch is much to heavy to open and close. tires should be a wider model.rear hatch should be rounded a bit at the bottoom..

Love my Aztek
By Form483

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

As you can tell from my mileage I live in my Aztek. I drive 160 miles round trip every day for work. Due to an auto accident I have herniated disks in my back, my last car, a small truck, caused me great amounts of pain. The drive in my Aztek has not caused me any pain. I have not had to take my Aztek into the shop for anything but general maintenance such as oil changes. I can not say that of the last vehicle I owned, a Ford Ranger. The seats are easy to remove AND replace. The cargo tray and nets keep things from sliding around in the back and the extra power source is great for parades and sporting events.

Favorite Features

I have hauled costumes & props for community theater, furniture from Ikea & even hay. I comfortably fit 5 adults in my Aztek, can not say the same for Ford Explorer. I can dress in a suit and high heels for work and my Aztek lets me feel like I am getting in a car not a truck.

Suggested Improvements

Ok, gas mileage could be better, but at 20+ miles to the gallon with air conditioning on its not bad and better than my last vehicle.

Don't Judge A Book by The Cover
By krystl

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Many people do not like the Aztek based on its looks. If they would look past that, they would find a quality vehicle, with lots of comfort and functionality at a reasonable price. I wish Pontiac would advertise the Aztek more because there are a lot of consumers out there that are missing out on a fabulous car! I am so glad I bought mine. It's very comfortable for my family of 4. It holds everything I need it to and the kids have plenty of room. The Aztek is roomier than its counterparts (RAV4 and CRV). Check out the Aztek. Youu won't be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Roominess, Cargo space, Folding/removable rear seats, console cooler, space age front end!

Suggested Improvements

Larger rear view mirror, better rear cup holders

NOT an ugly ducking...
By Dave Barber

2002 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Sure, it's easy to bash Pontiac for what most consider to be ugly, weird, or bizarre styling. But it grows on you, and after owning one for nearly a year, I have concluded it is on of the best values out there. We've had NO mechanical problems, there are no rattles or squeaks and it tows our camper (equipped with towing package) with ease.

Favorite Features

Front end styling -- very agressive. Dash design is logical, yet sporty. I call setting '5' for the fan the 'tornado' setting. Flip and fold rear seats create a huge cargo area. Rear seats also recline about 20 degrees, if you want to take a snooze.

Suggested Improvements

While clamshell rear hatch is very functional, the spoiler, which is mounted where the two pieces of backglass merge restricts rear visibility. Until a re-design, a larger rear view mirror might help. Lighter socket should be illuminated. Large cowl opening collects leaves.

Love the Aztek
By Don.Descy

2002 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Aztek because we wanted the camper option... yes, we wondered about the style. But after driving it for a few weeks we are totally in love with it. It does everything and it is comfortable and roomy. We have the All Wheel Drive model. My wife drove back from Minneapolis in a blizzard last week and it held the road like a magnet. The is a Fun car and #1 in versitility!

Favorite Features

Comfort, Versitility, sound system, cargo space and configurations, just about everything

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps some paint graphics on the side like my Toyota truck.