1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette Consumer Review: Clearly the worst van on the m

1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette - Consumer Review

GLS Passenger Minivan (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Clearly the worst van on the market
By la on

1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS 4dr Ext Minivan

Ok - I love this van only because of senimentality. Thw big problem is the engine. What ever you do -do not get the oxygen sensor replaced!! I have done this twice and both times it led to engine trouble. first time 3 years ago it resulted in needing the head gaskets replaced. Then last week it was running fine except the service engine soon light had been on for a while, so i took it in and they replaced the same oxygen sensor. This time it resulted in needing a new engine. All mechanics will tell you the two are not related. hoever a friend had the same problem with her olds silhoutte last fall. Stay away from these vans if you can.Also lots of small things that go wrong with them.

Favorite Features

I would never get another one. if even only because of the small things like the power window has gone rut 3 times. The rubber around the doors won't stay on. It has to be reglued every 6 months or so. The back blowers have quit working on 3 of these vans that I know of through friends.

Suggested Improvements

The fog lights haven't worked in years. I had electrical problems about 5 years ago. The list could go on for days. ust do yourself a favor and stay away from Oldsmobile.