Don't Walk, Run Away!
By Dissatisfied Owner on
2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan
This car is a bad idea. We should have known better when it needed new power window motors before we drove off the used car lot. Flasher problems (turn signals work when they want)this is a problem for most year Intrigues; power window failure all around recently and got me robbed at Walmart due to a falling rear window; problems with cracks in original coolant tanks; a/c controls - cools when it wants and my blower on any setting below high went out; suspension probs; harmonic balancer flew off engine; general electrical garbage (ie: shorted out a few phone chargers along with fuses); cheap quality parts on interior such as moulding around floor. I could go on. I'm lucky Dad is a mechanic.
Favorite Features
It was a good riding car, comfy to drive, fun acceleration with alot of get up and go to it, great looking car, roomy but not a huge car, spacious trunk. Looks can be decieving. The test drive was even decieving for us.
Suggested Improvements
If they were still made, they would have a hard time selling with the reputation the Intrigue has built for itself. It could have stood to be recalled for a total electrical and mechanical replacement judging by the other reveiws I read elsewhere. Do yourself a favor and choose a different used car