The Real Poop On the 2013 Sentra SR
By billwunder on
2013 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)
I'll get right to my point. I just purchased a 2013 Sentra SR. Originally looking at Optima, Sonata, Altima and Accord. Optima and Sonata don't come with spare tires?? Ruled out. I liked the Altima better to drive but ruled it our due to additional cost and size (fitting in my garage). The Accord was just too boring. I am a retired Toyota Salesperson. I have driven most cars in this category at one time or another. Was introduced to the Sentra by a neighbor. Read every road test and drove a demo 3 times. Every professional criticized the car for noise and acceleration. In a 0-60 mph race the Sentra beat the Corolla and Civic. The performance is about the same as the Corolla I
Favorite Features
own and a lot quieter. Nissan upscaled the level of the car substantially. The fit and finish are excellent. Gas mileage is about 32 average with the air on. I expect 34 in the winter. Performs on the highway perfectly. Unless I floor the vehicle I think it might be the quietest care I have every owned. It reminds me of driving a Prius to some degree. Although no sports car, the SR sure looks like one. I get comments on the looks all the time. Frankly, my Corolla, although a great car is not in the same category regarding the feel and refinement. Highly recommended. Had I listened to the road testers, I would not have purchased this vehicle. Glad I didn't listen.
Suggested Improvements
I have no suggested improvements. This car feels much more expensive than it is.
By rhody4
on 01/29/14 11:41 AM (PST)

just picked up my nissan sentra sr 24 hours ago. just got back from enterprise due to my car not working. 83 miles on it only!! dealer was great though, is paying for tow and rental car with insurance. Still not happy! They say it is a fail safe issue but don't know why. I have owned 2 ford explorers for 18 years and never had an issue like this. regretting this decision already. already looking into lemon laws!!!