Bad Sentra 2011 2.0 SR type
By borinken on
2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
I bought a Nissan Sentra On October 31, 2010. As I am driving the vehicle in less than 20 miles p/hr I could hear a jurking sound from the engine compartment. I took it to the dealership, 5 times in less than a week, nobody could detect anything. I had no choice to downgrade a brand new Nissan Sentra 2011 to a 2010 Model. The funny part is that Nissan states in the Owners Manual that same situation. Apparently, its a ABS system doing a "self check". Funny how they sell vehicles that are not fully secure, yet the dealership did not want to cancel the contract. I will never buy a Nissan again.
Favorite Features
Style is nice, but safety is first
Suggested Improvements
Open an investigation about such problem and makes sure that vehicle is reliable. I regret buying a Brand New vehicle, from the Show room, the color was nice Metallic Blue. Now I have a black one.
By bridgecross
on 10/14/11 09:44 AM (PDT)

The anti-lock brake system checks itself, and that's a problem? What exactly is "not fully secure" about it? Many systems do a self-check when starting up, it's just that this one is audible. You gave it one star for reliability, yet NOTHING IN THE YOUR CAR ACTUALLY FAILED! It's like complaining that you hear a click when you lock the doors. I have had a Sentra SR for one year, and the reliability and saftety are impeccable.

By intuition
on 08/13/11 23:44 PM (PDT)

I had an Infiniti G20 that made the same noise. My husband is a car guy in the auto biz and he says it's a common noise that antilock brakes make. People get upset about the most innocuous things. Be upset if there's something wrong with the car, not this. This is a noise that the car's supposed to make not a problem.

By hrana1
on 04/01/11 13:45 PM (PDT)

I have the same problem. i just bought a nissan sentra 2011. not even a month old. the car makes the same jurking sound. took it to the dealership , they said the same thing-ABS checking itself. Thank god it is lease.I used to own a Subaru before never had anykind of complain . NEVER going to buy NISSAN EVER AGAIN. NEVER GOING TO LEASE ANY NISSAN AGAIN.

By jimbo1966
on 12/14/10 16:05 PM (PST)

I think I would rather have a car that checks the brakes than one with brakes that don't work. I see it as a safety feature. I admit it takes some getting used to, but I still ove the car - one of the best I ever owned.