practical and economical
By chrisreed82 on
1999 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan
I bought this car 2 years ago with 65,000 miles on it. It now has around 100,000 on it. I has never left me stranded, and never let me down. I've pushed it pretty hard on some long trips, and some times when I just want to have fun! But I maintain it regularly and meticulously. I've had lots of compliments on the car, for example: "that's a Sentra?! It doesn't look like a Sentra....., that's pretty cool!" I love a lot of features on the car, and its practicality. Recently it has cost me some money though, and I think that it must be one of those "luck of the draw" type of things. This is a good little car though, I'm not going to give up on it yet.
Favorite Features
I like the stereo with CD player, not amazing, but fun and good enough for me. I love the spoiler and cool front fascia with air dam. I love the factory aluminum wheels. I love the mileage, so cheap to drive! I like the dual air bags, cruise control, & tinted windows. Engine power is adequate.
Suggested Improvements
Interior door plastics are cheap, brittle, and break (3 of my doors have broken pieces). I've had to replace: one axle, one CV boot, battery cables, battery, belts, and a power steering coming up! :( Transmission shifts rough, could be a defect. Clear coat is peeling bad on black paint.