Used 1997 Nissan Sentra GXE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

1997 NISSAN SENTRA
By dora5

1997 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I owned the GXE Automatic for 14 years until my accident, and loved it. There are still many on the road. This was a great car!

Great on gas.

Gas mileage is good
By clb891

1997 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

i have the AT..bought this car used from some man whose daughter hit a deer in it(driver side headlight area). i got it fixed for a good price. It has 250k miles but it runs GREAT. Good car for someone living on a tight budget(im a college Kid) i use it to go back and forth to school mostly and gas mileage is still good. i can go almost 2wks on a full tank. with only a little hp and torque, it really knows how to use it even at 65+ it still goes strong(better than my friends 08 civic). i am 5'10'' so room is an issue especially when riding people in the back.

gas mileage, i have a rear spoiler which makes it a little more attractive. cheap to maintain. wide power band.

well nothing can be done to it now obviously.

Like it
By tata201037

1997 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I love my Sentra, I got it for my 16th birthday. It gets great gas mileage, about 35 mpg, when on empty it only takes $25 to fill it up. It has pretty good get up and go for a four cylinder, faster than a honda civic off the go. The seats are kinda stiff but other than that its a nice interior. It has power everything, and even keyless remote entry. There pretty nice cars for their year. I personally like it better than its Toyota or honda competitors. Fun cars to play with and customize. One thing i don't like about it is that its not very safe, no ABS, no side-compact airbags, very light design, and poor stability on the road. Great car, fast for what it is, and attractive for what it is.

Power everything, nice design, cheap for what your getting, and lasts forever.

Safety improvements.

"Old Reliable"
By dustnh

1997 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I got this car when I was 17 after my car was totaled an accident. I always thought it was a good car as a teenager but after my husband & I slowly got new cars, the Sentra ended up just sitting for about a year. My newer car bit the dust after 7 months of a 100 mile round trip commute every day. My husband & I got the Sentra tuned up & it is as good as new (with 167,000 mi)! We did have to do some regular repairs while we drove it in the early 2000s, with one repair costing approx. $600. However, the car is a gem that is well worth doing a few minor repairs to in order to avoid a car payment while we save up for a new one. I would definitely buy another Nissan, no doubt about it.

Reliability, Gas Mileage, Suffered thousands of long trips and big city traffic with no problems

Is definitely small- my husband has trouble being comfortable in it, move cup holders to new location

Great College Car
By Felt32

1997 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I really enjoyed this car for 6 years until I wrecked it. This was a very good car for my college years. No complaints.

Cost, Fuel efficiency, Drive