Used 1990 Nissan Sentra Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Nissan Sentra Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

368,000 and going
By las27563481

1990 Nissan Sentra Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought the car with 70K on it in 1994? I have driven it 300,000 miles since and have had only one failure where I let it run out of water (hose leak) and ran it hot. Threw a head gasket on it (this all around 340,00 miles and running fine now. I've put one clutch in at 180,000 and two DS and one PS front axles, both rear wheel bearings and one set of 4 struts over the entire time i've owned his car. BTW, when I had the cylinder head off to replace the head gasket (again, at 340,00 miles) there was NO ridge at the top of any of the four cylinders. I've torn down many motors and have seen wear and cylinder wall ridges at 80,000. This engine has 5 times that in miles and was smooth.

This is the most durable and reliable vehichle I have ever owned, is light weight and easy to maintain and drive.

This car will not die!
By SG

1990 Nissan Sentra Coupe XE 2dr Coupe

This car is phenomenal on gas mileage. My husband (to be, at the time) bought this car before I met him. We've now been married 15 years. A few years back, we thought it might be time to get him a new car, so we did, and I inherited this as I was driving a pickup at the time. Well, that was 4 years ago, and I'm still driving this little car. It looks terrible - the paint's starting to fade, the door has a big gash in it that's starting to rust, the interior ceiling cloth has disintegrated and is coming down in sheets, but I cannot bring myself to get a new car. This car drives great. It gets incredible gas mileage. I fill it up ONCE A MONTH. I have a 12 mile commute to work.

It runs beautifully, it's fun to drive and you cannot beat the gas mileage, it's incredible, it just goes forever. It has 237,000 miles on it right now and I keep looking at new cars every few months but then, I think, why get a new one? This one has no intention of dying and the gas mileage is !!!!

Back seat is small, paint fading and interior ceiling cloth has disintegrated. The car is 20 years old, though.

$200.00 goes a long way
By james4750

1990 Nissan Sentra Coupe 2dr Coupe

I drive this car everyday to work 25 miles round trip and it has never failed me yet. It has 238,000 miles on it and still runs like new. It does not burn a drop of oil. Other than a new timing chain at 211,000 miles, nothing other than regular maintenance has been done to the motor and still runs like new. Other than 2 clutches I have had no tranny problems. It's 18 years old and I bet it runs another 18 years. I am the car's 2nd owner.

Good gas mileage, 25 city 30 to 35 highway. Low cost maintenance, easy to drive.

NOTHING!

Still going strong
By LAS27563481

1990 Nissan Sentra Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car at 70K miles. It's now up to 300K and getting over 36 MPG on the highway W/O overdrive or cruise. Have replaced clutch once (teaching daughters to drive a stick) and both front axles (boots cracked). Other than timing chain guide replacement, all repairs were to me typical wear items such as brakes, struts at 250K control arm bushings, etc. I have replaced nothing else inside the engine other than oil every 3K miles.

My kingdom for a cupholder

300K
By katwman

1990 Nissan Sentra Coupe 2dr Coupe

My Sentra has 307,000 miles! It has the original clutch and timing chain. It looks rough now, but it has been nothing but dependable! No car will ever be able to compare!