2001 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Fun SUV

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Review

Fun SUV
By John C. on

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in my silverado for an older SUV that I could beat up in the wood line and still look good on the street. The pathfinder exceeded my expectations. w/o a lift kit, I have taken it on some challenging SC trails should I say treeless spaces. The smaller size helps me squeeze up and down the small trails on local hills. Assent and desent angels are great for scalling over things and she can get sideways pretty well too; but I won't push too hard until I get a lift kit and a wench. Plenty of power at the stop light, from a roll, and on the highway pass. I get a scare now and then about rolling over; but otherwize runs and handles like a champ. Comfortable w/quality materials inside.

Stock, better than expected on and off road. Lots of power for an old V6. Plenty of potential for upgrades, great standard features; Bose system is the best 6 yo stereo I have ever used. Love the stock skidplate. I'm a GM man and I won't go Nissan over all, but this SUV will bring the owner no shame.

Don't make any sudden braking on the highway, w/o holding the wheel steady; you may need new underpants or a neckbrace (It feels like your milli-moments away from a roll).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review