2011 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Nissan disappointing FAST

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Review

Nissan disappointing FAST
By tmac4718 on

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I now have 14,000 miles on my maxima SV premium edition and I have to say I won't buy another nissan product. I have had a bad rattle in the car since day one, headliner above the back seat(they made it little better recently). Front hood rubber seal keeps popping out of its space. A creaking dash/windshield area?The car went into a lockup mode last week and had to be towed to the dealer and the whole computer system rebooted. Now I have two more rattles in upper dash and climate control area. I have only owned 2 nissans, altima before which I loved, now maxima. That's a bad satisfaction ratio. Owned plenty of toyota's and honda products with no rattles or issues above 100k miles.

It's fun to drive, very comfortable although i would tend to say I would redesign the drivers seat cushion if I had a choice. And also get rid of the CVT for this car, it does the job great but a traditional 6sp automatic would be more fun. Features, stereo system are great. Trunk space is good. The gas mileage is as advertised, I do a lot of driving for work so I spend plenty of time in the car. Hoping to see how it does this winter.

Paddle shifters should be mounted to the steering wheel!! More adjustments on passenger seat, it sits too tall. Different tranny. Goodyear RSA's are horrible tires by the way, noisy and hydroplane very easily. Make drivers seat cushion normal instead of having the front part pull out, creates a seem there that skinny people will feel. I wish I could stay happier with the car but I expected more out of nissan than this. I shoulda just bought the new charger if I was going to have problems, that was the other car of choice this time around.