2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: Tacoma vs Frontier

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

Tacoma vs Frontier
By Mike on

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 3 months of comparing these two vehicles, the Frontier won! It cost much less than the Tacoma, it has more "git up and go", and has a more solid ride verses the bouncy feel I sensed in the Tacoma. I figured that the Frontier has far more horsepower and torque per pound in comparison to the other trucks. As an added bonus, my first round trip in the Bay Area freeways resulted an average 24.6 mpg on regular gas! City driving cuts into it at about 18.5 mpg. Though I miss the compass/temp read-out feature, the balance of the dashboard is laid out very thoughtfully. Some say that there's too much plastic in it but it's my work truck, who cares!

MPG, power, and ride. It handles and turns quite well. I love the 17" tires on the LE. I think you get the most "bang for your buck" on this truck! By the way, I'm a former Chevy Silverado 2500 owner. I loved the big truck but not its gas mileage. I'm finding the downsizing to be no problem!

Temp/compass feature, spray-on liner on rear gate, brighter vanity mirror lights, and perhaps a flatter surface on top of the console in-between the seats. Things which may make this vehicle nicer but things I'll do fine without!