Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Gas or no gas???......that is the recall !!
By Lowell Crabtree

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well, I bought a 2006 with 66,500 miles. Test drive started out great but after about 10 miles the gas gauge appeared to be empty an the check engine light came on. I quickly pulled into a gas station and put in $10$. To my surprise the gas gauge indicator showed 3/4 full. On returning the truck the owner he mentioned he had that issue for approximately 3 years. Had heard there might be a recall. Well The next day verified the error code was diagnosed. Found the recall on the internet an contacted local Nissan dealer. Well talk about a run around.....I was informed my truck did not have this recall even though the recall outlined was exactly the problem. I had the recall fixed ($500 out of pocket).....then was informed by the service manager to replace my radiator because the coolant and transmission fluid could leak an cause transmission failure. Bought a new radiator an in the process of replacing. In the very near future my family will out of the Nissan business.....wife drives one now....but it want last long in our driveway. An to think I was about to consider buying the new Nissian Titan Diesel.

It's a good one
By Tom

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

What a good truck everybody should own at least one

It's a good one
By Tom

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

What a good truck everybody should own at least one

Solid Performer
By Dave Mccormack

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Solid mid sized truck. A few niggling could improve it but they are not substantial issues to ownership. Headlights are poor and road noise could be dampened more.

Hand-me-down first car
By Tyler

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is my very first, and it was my father's since new. He used it to commute 70 miles round trip a day. I currently have just over 178k on it. Overall, this truck has served me really well! It's really quick off the line, and it does require getting used to how touchy the throttle is. I spun the tires quite a bit until I got used to it. The steering inspires you to throw the truck into corners and bends, and it's nicely weighted. As far as the interior goes, it's nothing to write home about. All of the panels are hard to the touch, and I do have a sizable crack in the dashboard. The controls are very easy to get used to, and there is no learning curve at all. The two-tiered glovebox, large center console and storage under the backseat provides plenty of stuff for anything you can think of. The truck is very safe, and I always felt very safe driving it even when there was 6 inches of snow on the road. This truck is pretty bare bones even as the top trim in the technology department, as it lacks bluetooth and any usb or aux ports. The Frontier has been extremely reliable, and there have been no major issues at all. In my 10 mile roundtrip commute in mainly city driving, I'm averaging 11.7 mpg, according to the readout. This is probably the worst part about my truck, as my father's new Ram 1500 averages about 17 mpg with the Hemi V8. Overall, I would recommend the Frontier to anyone who does not care too much about technology and fuel economy.