Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 160 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Solid Performer
By Dave Mccormack

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Solid mid sized truck. A few niggling could improve it but they are not substantial issues to ownership. Headlights are poor and road noise could be dampened more.

Hand-me-down first car
By Tyler

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is my very first, and it was my father's since new. He used it to commute 70 miles round trip a day. I currently have just over 178k on it. Overall, this truck has served me really well! It's really quick off the line, and it does require getting used to how touchy the throttle is. I spun the tires quite a bit until I got used to it. The steering inspires you to throw the truck into corners and bends, and it's nicely weighted. As far as the interior goes, it's nothing to write home about. All of the panels are hard to the touch, and I do have a sizable crack in the dashboard. The controls are very easy to get used to, and there is no learning curve at all. The two-tiered glovebox, large center console and storage under the backseat provides plenty of stuff for anything you can think of. The truck is very safe, and I always felt very safe driving it even when there was 6 inches of snow on the road. This truck is pretty bare bones even as the top trim in the technology department, as it lacks bluetooth and any usb or aux ports. The Frontier has been extremely reliable, and there have been no major issues at all. In my 10 mile roundtrip commute in mainly city driving, I'm averaging 11.7 mpg, according to the readout. This is probably the worst part about my truck, as my father's new Ram 1500 averages about 17 mpg with the Hemi V8. Overall, I would recommend the Frontier to anyone who does not care too much about technology and fuel economy.

Great truck
By Mike

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought mew 10 yrs ago, been a reliable an well built truck. I sold this truck and bought another Frontier. This new one is even better!

Great truck, BUT...
By emg8160

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '06 Frontier from an individual via Craigslist with 108k miles. I loved it for the 2 months I could drive it. Then, the tranny went out. Come to find out, this is common and Nissan never issued a recall. I found someone local who would install a re-manufactured tranny and new radiator (included all labor and fluids) for $4,000. I have been waiting for over 2 months to get my truck back because their "parts people" from Chicago had originally gotten the wrong parts number for the tranny and are now waiting for a solenoid so they can complete the rebuild... I am now in the position that (if I ever get the truck back) I have more in it than it's worth so I HAVE to drive it now...

The body style is very cool looking. I arctic white is a great color. The bed hooks can be moved to accommodate for most things I'm hauling. The truck has incredible power/towing capacity for it's size. Although many knock it for it's bland/plastic interior design, I think it's rather sleek and pretty comfortable. The gas mileage is very good too. It's really too bad I had to endure this terrible transmission problem... I was considering another Nissan product for my wife to drive, but now I won't even give it a second thought.

Nissan should have done the right thing and issued a recall on the transmission/ radiator issue when it first became apparent. Instead, they ignored it and many people are paying for it. I will not buy another Nissan product. Period.

Mixed Feelings
By kevymckev

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been the sole owner of my 06' SE Frontier since it rolled off the lot in July of 06'.
The truck had a great V6 power & solid comfort and excellent affordability.My opinion changes after a serious accident with this truck. The key benefit was how well this truck absorbed a major collision. The truck immediatly lowered and reduced the impact i felt..preventing serious injury on my part. I love this truck for that.I have lost 100 miles to the tank of gas. Pre-Accident i was getting 350 miles per tank. Now i only get a meager 250. The power of my V6 has been reduced drastically.I have also replaced the battery 4 times with this truck. Only 100,000 miles on it.This truck had potential