2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: Better than the Tacoma

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Better than the Tacoma
By Robert on

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Narrowed the Frontier down between the Tacoma and the big brother Titan. This is a 3rd (multi-purpose) vehicle for us to tow our 21' Proline boat and to make those frequent trips to Home Depot. I was not impressed with the Tacoma at all. Lots of road noise, underpowered engine, and way too much $$$ for it with little room for negotiation. I took the Frontier home for the day and easily put two child seats in back plus room for third teen. I then tested out the towing ability and it pulled my boat with little effort. I loved the Titan and if I really wanted a full- size truck, the Titan would be for me but since the Frontier achieved my purposes, it became mine for $22,539 (MSRP $25,380)

Nismo package sports a tough, rugged look with it's oversized BF Goodrich Trail tires. Strong, very capable 265hp V-6 engine with excellent acceleration and smoothness in shifting. Factory sprayed-on bedliner second to none. Great exterior looks with chrome front and rear bumpers.

As with most trucks, would be nice if it were more fuel efficient. Back seat leg room could be a little roomier but for 1, 3, and 14 year-old plenty roomy.