Used 2003 Nissan Frontier XE-V6 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

valuable exposure
By patrick

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

overall, vehicle provides a continual high value performance. this is based on constant positive responses to all handling manuever attempts.

Favorite Features

outstanding features include seating comfort, steering ease, immediate acceleration as pedal is pressed, ample power and absolute peace and quiet when the windows are rolled up (driving or parked).

Suggested Improvements

Increased horsepower could be beneficial in some circumstances, making it apropos to consider suitable power modifications to the v-6 motor.

First Nissan
By kris1023

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I LOVE this truck! I initially wanted this vehicle because of the aggressive styling, but ultimately bought it for the value and practicality. Even for a small V6, it can move if it needs to. I don't have the same mileage issue as most people (I get about 20 per gal) and I have a bit of a lead foot. No mechanical troubles, except that the check engine light went on when I put on a locking gas cap. With the birth of my second child, I found that the backseat can't handle an infant carseat without squishing the front passenger. Still I only paid $17,500 including the optional power and sport packages, so this is truly the best vehicle I have ever had for the money.

Favorite Features

Super fun to drive, nice options and very practical.

Suggested Improvements

More room in the backseat, better customer service at the dealerships. They treat you like dirt AFTER you've already bought the vehicle. They charged me $80 to reset the check engine light and, after reading the manual, I found that the light would have reset itself after changing the gas cap back.

Nice Truck
By thedingo

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Nissan and so far I am happy. Good Power....great ride....good amount of room. Moved several people and even with the short bed and a tonneau cover had a substantial amount of room.

Favorite Features

Ride height and comfort. Even on a long trip its great. Good cargo space and power to move it.

Suggested Improvements

Two words: FUEL ECONOMY. I average 15- 16mpg which is sort of depressing for only a V6. Also a little more insulation between the engine and road and the cab would be nice.

Best in Price
By sb4106

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Nissan pickup in the last 18 years. So far it is starting out like the other two, no problems. I still own my 93 and plan to give it to my son when he turns 16. What can I say? I wouldn't have bought three in a row if they weren't a great little truck. I have nothing against Toyota, except that they cost about $2k more when compared to Nissan.

Favorite Features

Driving height, drivablity, mechanically dependable and style. I love to drive my truck, sometimes I take the long way home. My 93 never gave me any problems or left me stranded. My 03 seems to be of the same quality, I will probably drive it for another 10 years?

Suggested Improvements

Gas millage! Another 3 to 5 miles per gallon would be nice? But my millage could be affected by my "putting my foot into it" mentality it have?

Campers deelite
By bigdaddypain

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Have been camping twice. Is very utilitarian. Seats 4. Not very comfortably, but well enough esp. for a 4 door truck. Can haul junk w/o worry.

Favorite Features

Aggressive style, accessories, stance,

Suggested Improvements

more power ie over 200hp would be nice