2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: did anyone get the viration fi

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

did anyone get the viration fixed ???? Production change??
By carpersonvu on

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2013 altima SL and it has the vibration/noise at 1200-1500 RPM. Was anyone successful in getting it fixed and it stays fixed????? Does anyone know what the production change was in dec 2012
By 2013neveragain
on 04/16/14 19:01 PM (PDT)

Yes, I had the same issue and it was the alternator with a loose bearing on the part that the belt attaches to. Now the vibration is gone. Took the mechanic a second to diagnose it on the ride along.

By nynissan
on 02/02/15 16:55 PM (PST)

I have a 2009 Nissan Altima that had 114k miles when it got the same annoying vibration problem at 1200-1500 rpm. In addition to the vibrations, I would also hear ticking noises upon cold engine start-up, the engine would make a light grinding noise when idling in gear, and the car would lurch in at low rpms. Based on this post, I took it in to the dealer and asked them to replace the alternator. They were skeptical that a failing alternator bearing would cause all of these symptoms, especially when the alternator was putting out full voltage, but when they replaced it, the problems were completely gone. The car doesn't grind when idling in gear, it doesn't vibrate at 1200-1500 rpm, and my Altima doesn't lurch in low gear anymore. I couldn't be happier!

By likenicethings
on 04/11/14 17:09 PM (PDT)

Yes, my vibration is 100% better. I thought it was the new CVT causing the problem! It was the alternator. My dealer showed me the TSB and replaced the alternator. Skeptical, I drove it off the lot and to my surprise, it is fixed and smooth once again.