2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Beautiful car, fun to drive bu

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2.5 SV Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Beautiful car, fun to drive but noisy!
By maureen16 on

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I replaced a worn out Ford Freestyle with this beautiful little Nissan Altima. I love everything about my car except for: the noise at low rpm's. Honestly, I have never heard anything like the whistle that comes out of the engine during low acceleration. It is not my computerized variable speed transmission, rather the whistle I am hearing is credited to the new electronic style of power steering pump Nissan opted to put in these cars. And you know what I was told? Get used to it.

These are my favorite things: great gas mileage; peppy engine and tranny; quiet smooth ride once you get your speed up there; beautiful exterior styling; comfy seats; the moon roof!

Nissan, you have got to get rid of that noise in the steering pump or the cvt or whatever. I came out of a car that had cvt and did not have this issue. If the noise is such a big deal for your consumers, why not just insulate the area to reduce the noise? This could be a perfect car, but you gotta get rid of the awful noise.
By mred72
on 03/20/13 18:34 PM (PDT)

It's not just Nissan, they just started early. The dealer is right; the Government has put these requirements onto the car manufacturers and this is what we will all have to get used to. It's the end to a car as we used to know it.