2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Great Car for the money.
By edman86 on 01/21/13 07:25 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great car we bought this car as a comuter car to work. Mostly HWY driveing and MTN's. We did have a issue with the brake light coming on and off for the first 1200 mile's took it in twice they could not find the problem with it. Now it has gone away. The car doe's make a rattling niose in the wind also the interior has a rattle. The new CVT transmission works great no problems. The car feels solid very well made. I would buy again. We have 12000 miles on it!!!

My worst purchase
By sandypines1 on 01/18/13 17:16 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased my Altima August 2012, thought that I had purchased a great car. I had owned two cars with CVT transmissions and have had a good history on how they work. This car has a serious problems, it shudders and vibrates and according to Nissan, this is a normal function.I think that they know that there is a problem and say this is normal. I would suggest that any future buyers of a Altima forgo the purchase.

Issue at High Speed
By ferice on 01/17/13 15:00 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2013 Altima 2.5s. I feel as though I am loosing control of the car when I reached 65 MPG and up. I am scared that I will cause a serious accident because I don't feel like I have control of the car at times. The car is also wobble when driving on the expressway at a lower speed. I am wondering if anyone else is experience the same issue. I've driven my wife ford fusion for a month, and I have never had that issue

Sick to my stomach over this purchase!
By jenleo0080 on 01/17/13 11:44 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had the car for 3 months now & it has been in the service dept 4 times. The washer fluid wasn't coming out, they had to fix the hose. The passenger door makes a horrible noise when opening & closing, like a 1980's oldsmobile, the metal is rubbing together, thought they fixed it but NOT! When listening to music on a certian volume something in the car is rattling & it drives my crazy! They tried fixing it by putting more foam in the headliner, didn't work. So now I get to yet again take it back to the dealer & try to have it fixed. Also, the back up camera sucks! Can hardly seen anything at night. Radio was better in my 2008! Rear vents don't work well either.

2.5SL
By milestoaspen on 01/16/13 18:06 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded my 2011 Altima SL for the 2013. I fell in love with the comfort and the drive. Big difference from 2011. Now that I have had the car 5 weeks and 1800 miles there are a few things Ive noticed. The heated seats(which Im having looked at 1st oil change) dont work correctly. When on high only the butt heats(hot) and when you hit low switch only the back heats. They dont work in tandem, nor do they regulate heat high to low. Ive noticed the CVT rumble which was not present in my 2011. I also notice you hear the gas rolling around in the gas tank sounds like a thump when you stop and the tanks half to full. Not sure if the used any baffles.

Extremely Nice machine
By rktrex on 01/12/13 08:54 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The fully loaded 2013 2.5SL, It is 100 percent perfect. I thought I was dreaming when I test drove the fully loaded Altima with every available option. The sticker price was way out of my budget. But the dealer/incentives made it happen at 26k. Who knew? At 1,000 mile mark, it is really nice and the blind side warning and rear view camera is awesome. The leather seats are sweet -Nav & XM radio and all these other features work very well (after learning how to run them).. The value proposition (Price vs Features) - is unbelievable. The build quality and finish is perfect. It isn't an infinity - but close enough for me. Wow..!! I'm happy. Good work Nissan!!

Disappointed!
By optimistic2 on 01/04/13 20:35 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Less than four months into my first new car and I'm finally fed up. It's time for me to move on. I have been to my local Nissan dealer on four occasions addressing my concerns of interior rattles. I noticed a rattling sound coming from the steering column at low speeds on smooth pavement and I expressed concerns over a potential loose transverse bolt. I was informed my vehicle wasn't affected and to not be concerned. The rattle persisted and I was turned away twice more with no answer. So I recorded the sound and was told they didn't hear the sound when they drove it. They did manage to replace my squeaky rattling sun visor with a squeaky rattly visor. It feels like a $25,000 joke!

Looks great but some problems
By speedy52 on 01/03/13 12:49 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Had a 2010 altima that avg 31 mpg. Purchased new 2013 altima avg 33 mpg. Passenger seat vibrates when empty, also seatbelt hitting against seat. Brought in for sevice dealer said seatbelt causing noise and there is no fix yet. Driving home from service the red brake light goes on. Too busy to bring in light has come on two times since. Wish I waited until 2014 altima model to come out. Have 8k on car now but wondering about nissan built quality.

Noisy Tranny
By radar22 on 01/03/13 05:55 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just returned from a 2500 mile trip to Fl and while mileage was not as good as my 10 Camry and not as good as expected, I still averaged 37 interstate driving. Fell in love with the seats and was able to get out of the car after 2 or more hours of driving feeling relaxed. Can't believe they can make that much difference. Have read all comments about this vehicle and agree with most, positive and negative. Noise issue with power steer whistle was finally resolved after complaining numerous times. Unfortunately not the transmission noise which is annoying. Service tech says its due to trying to get max gas mileage. If that's the case they missed their mark. Have buyers remorse due to this!

Awesome car!
By nvnj on 12/27/12 15:22 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just purchased my 2013 Altima 2.5 SL and I can not get over just how beautiful this car looks and drives. The interior is hands down one of the best i have seen. I was between the Altima and the new Accord (test drove both) and decided on the ultima. It gets a little better gas mileage and the interior of the Altima looked and felt much better than the Accord. The Altima is a ALOT of car for the money. I encourage anyone considering a mid-size family sedan to test drive the Accord and Altima. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$157 per month*