Used 2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

2013 Altima LEMON!
By ally07

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I regret ever buying the 2013 Nissan Altima. At about 1,200 miles I started experiencing a jerking sensation when the CVT transmission went from 1st to 2nd gear at about 15-30 mph. It took months for Nissan to issue a service bulletin to fix the jerking, and then the fix required taking out the transmission to replace the torque converter. As if that wasn't bad enough, my local Nissan service center here in Lynchburg, VA DROPPED my transmission in the floor and broke it and the axle and had to order new parts. There's no telling what else they damaged in the process since the 2 times I have talked to them they have been waiting on different parts. I will NEVER purchase another Nissan!

Give me my money back!!!!

Very unhappy and frustrated
By nothappynissan

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my new 2013 Altima about 3 months ago and it's been in the service dept 3 times. My car vibrates terribly. They first said it just needed a computer upgrade or something and that should fix it. It didnt. I took it back and they determined it needed a new Torque Converter and that would stop the vibration. It didnt. I took it back a 3rd time and they said my back right rim was oval and replaced it with a round one and that wouldfix it. It didnt. Each time they hooked it up to their computer, contacted "Tech line" and stayed in touch with Nissans regional office for further instructions. It's still not fixed. Now nissan is telling me it's normal and that's it!? I'm not sure what to do

JUNK! Traded in after 9 months
By raey12

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In the past I heard nothing but good things about Nissan, so with the new Altima body style and the available 3.5 liter option I decided to give it a try. This car was junk since the day I drove it off the lot. There was an issue with bolts in the front wheel area being installed backwards. The brakes always had problems where they would stick. A really loud rattle in the roof near the sunroof which Nissan claimed they never heard. A broken air vent. The blinker would stick. The passenger airbag would deactivate while driving with a 160 pound passenger in the seat. The manufacturer would do nothing about any of it. Go buy a Lexus or Toyota they are more reliable.

LOVE THIS CAR!!
By trek2

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my Altima for 5 months now and it is by far the best I have ever owned. The mpg I'm getting is better than advertised. When I stay at 60 mph or under I get near 42 mpg on the highway I thought I would be disappointed in its performance considering its a 4 cylinder, but I have been pleasantly surprised. The 4 cylinder is a bit noisy, but easily tolerable.

The seats are probably the most comfortable I've ever sat on. The fuel efficiency has been better than spot on. Love the touch start, with the keys staying in my pocket For a tall guy, theirs plenty of room in the front and back. My head does come close to touching the ceiling in the rear seat, but I don't sit back their.

Refine the engine a bit, so it doesn't sound like I'm at the racetrack when accelerating.

Another Altima lemon! <12,000 miles
By altima13sv

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Long story short, have taken to dealership 5 times for a rattle in the sunroof. Wasn't surprised when it started rattling this weekend again. Looks like ill be going in a 6th time. Also had brake light come on, rattle in passenger side wheel, and navigation area rattles over small/medium bumps. Dealership also damaged center console, wrinkled headliner, and a pillar. To their credit, they replaced it all. Would be a nice car if it wasn't built so cheaply. I'm afraid it's going to rattle apart after the 12k mile warranty period. What a $24k mistake and an assault on my time!

Eliminate the rattles, it is infuriating and inexcusable.