Used 2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Another Altima lemon! <12,000 miles
By altima13sv

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Long story short, have taken to dealership 5 times for a rattle in the sunroof. Wasn't surprised when it started rattling this weekend again. Looks like ill be going in a 6th time. Also had brake light come on, rattle in passenger side wheel, and navigation area rattles over small/medium bumps. Dealership also damaged center console, wrinkled headliner, and a pillar. To their credit, they replaced it all. Would be a nice car if it wasn't built so cheaply. I'm afraid it's going to rattle apart after the 12k mile warranty period. What a $24k mistake and an assault on my time!

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate the rattles, it is infuriating and inexcusable.

Lemon
By jsara

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First off this is my first AND last Nissan. I've had my 2013 Altima in for three sets of brakes, the Aux has never worked, the speakers rattle at a volume of 12 and the CVT transmission is a piece of junk and now needs replacing as there was metal found in the fluid by the dealer, nice. I paid $24k for this thing and have not been happy with it at all. The 38 mpg is complete b.s. I drive literally all highway miles and this thing hasn't even come close. An utter failure for Nissan.

What a Lemon!
By ammaiol

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Come on Nissan- whatcha gonna do for all of us? This cars SUCKS! And with so many of us having the same problems you'd think they do something fast. How many does it take for a class action suit? I have brought the car back 5 times already. So far they've supposedly replaced the entire transmission, replaced the torque converter, reset the computer and car still bucks, chugs, surges forward at exactly 25 mph. and vibrates when you come to a stop. And I've been told the same bs as everyone else, almost word for word. Do they actual have a pitch they say to all of us? I have filed complaints with everyone- PLEASE file your complaints. We need to speak out.

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

Give me my money back!

Piece of junk
By rebert

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Took for a short test drive and bought it. Big mistake. Should've taken it for a much longer drive. This car is JUNK! Slight wind and the car is all over the road. Pulls to left or right constantly. Engine skips under slight load. CVT is awful. Two wheels were out of round. Terrible ride and very noisey slight bumps and car soulds like it's going to fall apart. Driver seat is comfortable, but upholstery is cheap and wrinkles easily. Can't take it much longer so will trade soon.

Favorite Features

Comfortable driver seat.

Suggested Improvements

Start all over with redesign!

The Best
By rva_altima

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my car. Regarding e negative reviews.... The manual clearly states that the passenger air bag light does not stay on for the ride. Test drive the car you will actually purchase, then you would not have the issue of getting one that makes noises at 60 mph. The wind is noisy when the window is cracked or down. Maybe some window visors would help. But the windows have to be up to really use the bluetooth phone. The bluetooth is great, but asks too many questions and you need to know their phone numbers if you have multiple numbers, it does not show work vs cell vs home. Any hair product will leave ugly reside on the headrests. Warning : leather wipes only!

Favorite Features

Acceleration. Exterior design. Back up camera. Storage space. 8 cup holders. Comfortability. Curve ratio. Connection of bluetooth. Sunroof. Keyless entry and start up. Leg room all around (for tall people). Leather. These cars have been selling like peanuts but the leather gives a whole new feeling of luxury.

Suggested Improvements

External ground lighting anytime key gets near car vs just on click open. Window control on key FOB. Scan feature on steering wheel (too far on the passenger side on the display). Back up camera button (vs just when in Reverse). Activated camera if someone bumps your car (photo activated).