Used 2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Some Hits and Some Misses
By tengineer on 01/26/13 07:54 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Altima is a nice car that boasts excellent interior styling and comfort. The 2.5L engine has great acceleration but the drivetrain is also quite noisy, even at moderate throttle. The drivetrain also exhibits a pronounced rumble/growl at low throttle from a standing start as the CVT seeks to keep the engine RPMs very low for maximum MPG. The cabin is quiet while crusing, but a high-pitched whine can be heard at idle and low speed driving. The AC compressor stays on even while heating; the manual gives a procedure to turn it off, but it doesn't work, so the compressor is working all the time. Highway MPG is very good, but EPA city MPG can only be achieved with very careful driving.

Great Value
By jimmy_jam_2012 on 01/25/13 19:50 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Leased the SV with Black on black. Nissan has some great owner loyalty incentives going on right now, so I got a great deal that blew away all the usual suspects for new sedans. The car is a fantastic value and has so many positive attributes.

Great Car All Around
By hondaccord09 on 01/25/13 14:05 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My past life was a Honda owner. I decided to purchase the new 2013 Altima 2.5 SV over the Accord EX. Honda owners tend to stick with Honda for whatever reasons. They both have the same features including CVT transmission, except the EX has moon roof, which I never use. By this comparison, the Accord EX is more expensive and the look on both cars is equally nice, depending on the color you choose. The Altima is an overall all around car with better MPG and acceleration, and drives smoothly and quietly on the road. The car is lighter and the ride is firm. One of the main reasons I switched from the Accord is because of its loud cabin noise.

2013 Altima 2.5 SL - poor build quality
By sdginz13 on 01/24/13 08:19 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had the car for all of a week new. Previously mostly a Honda/Acura owner. Liked the design and the promise of great fuel economy wanted to try something new. To date I am seriously doubting my purchase of a new Nissan. The factory in Tennessee as others have mentioned has some serious quality control issues. For starters both front doors rub against the frame or fender when opening or closing. Also it appears that seat heaters were wired incorrectly from the factory. In addition, the CVT has a hesitation at about 1500 rpm and vibrates the car. Guess thats why people buy Hondas.

Great Car for the money.
By edman86 on 01/21/13 07:25 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great car we bought this car as a comuter car to work. Mostly HWY driveing and MTN's. We did have a issue with the brake light coming on and off for the first 1200 mile's took it in twice they could not find the problem with it. Now it has gone away. The car doe's make a rattling niose in the wind also the interior has a rattle. The new CVT transmission works great no problems. The car feels solid very well made. I would buy again. We have 12000 miles on it!!!

My worst purchase
By sandypines1 on 01/18/13 17:16 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased my Altima August 2012, thought that I had purchased a great car. I had owned two cars with CVT transmissions and have had a good history on how they work. This car has a serious problems, it shudders and vibrates and according to Nissan, this is a normal function.I think that they know that there is a problem and say this is normal. I would suggest that any future buyers of a Altima forgo the purchase.

Issue at High Speed
By ferice on 01/17/13 15:00 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2013 Altima 2.5s. I feel as though I am loosing control of the car when I reached 65 MPG and up. I am scared that I will cause a serious accident because I don't feel like I have control of the car at times. The car is also wobble when driving on the expressway at a lower speed. I am wondering if anyone else is experience the same issue. I've driven my wife ford fusion for a month, and I have never had that issue

Sick to my stomach over this purchase!
By jenleo0080 on 01/17/13 11:44 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had the car for 3 months now & it has been in the service dept 4 times. The washer fluid wasn't coming out, they had to fix the hose. The passenger door makes a horrible noise when opening & closing, like a 1980's oldsmobile, the metal is rubbing together, thought they fixed it but NOT! When listening to music on a certian volume something in the car is rattling & it drives my crazy! They tried fixing it by putting more foam in the headliner, didn't work. So now I get to yet again take it back to the dealer & try to have it fixed. Also, the back up camera sucks! Can hardly seen anything at night. Radio was better in my 2008! Rear vents don't work well either.

2.5SL
By milestoaspen on 01/16/13 18:06 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded my 2011 Altima SL for the 2013. I fell in love with the comfort and the drive. Big difference from 2011. Now that I have had the car 5 weeks and 1800 miles there are a few things Ive noticed. The heated seats(which Im having looked at 1st oil change) dont work correctly. When on high only the butt heats(hot) and when you hit low switch only the back heats. They dont work in tandem, nor do they regulate heat high to low. Ive noticed the CVT rumble which was not present in my 2011. I also notice you hear the gas rolling around in the gas tank sounds like a thump when you stop and the tanks half to full. Not sure if the used any baffles.

Extremely Nice machine
By rktrex on 01/12/13 08:54 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The fully loaded 2013 2.5SL, It is 100 percent perfect. I thought I was dreaming when I test drove the fully loaded Altima with every available option. The sticker price was way out of my budget. But the dealer/incentives made it happen at 26k. Who knew? At 1,000 mile mark, it is really nice and the blind side warning and rear view camera is awesome. The leather seats are sweet -Nav & XM radio and all these other features work very well (after learning how to run them).. The value proposition (Price vs Features) - is unbelievable. The build quality and finish is perfect. It isn't an infinity - but close enough for me. Wow..!! I'm happy. Good work Nissan!!