2012 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5S - 57,0

2012 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5S - 57,000+ miles
By whf1957 on

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my car used from a rental car company in November 2012. It had about 32,000 miles on it. They did a great job of making it seem new. I have 57,500+ miles on the car now and besides replacing the tires and having the oil changed, no issues to report. I have averaged about 28.5 mpg between city/hwy driving. I did make a trip to Omaha, NE in May 2013 and when I filled up I had just over 34 mpg (hand calculated with a calculator 3 times). I was driving about 72 mph with the a/c on. The MPG listed on the dash board has never been accurate. Just because I am old school I do get the oil changed every 5000 miles instead of the 7500 recommended by Nissan.

I love the push button entry and start. I never have to take the key fob out of my pocket. The CVT has never been an issue and with the new tires, even smoother and quieter. There is plenty of leg and head room for both front passengers and the room in the rear is even larger than my 2000 Buick LeSabre I traded in. We chose this car over a 2012 Impala and Fusion. We have 2 grandkids that live near us and they have more room in the back and can't kick the front seats now. The instrument panel is easy to read and the gas mileage thus far has been excellent. I did not have any issues with light snow - it was a mile winter. I live in Illinois about 25 miles east of St. Louis, MO.

I personally like the exterior of my car better than the 2013 model. I also like the lay-out of the center console better than the 2013 models. However, as far as tech items, I think you have "answered" those with the 2013 model.