1996 Nissan 200SX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200SX model:
Fun little sporty car!
By Chet on 03/21/05 19:12 PM (PST)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

Bought this car at 46K from a dealer in early 1999 - it's now at 123K. Have really enjoyed driving it. Lots of pep for a car that gets almost 40 MPG on the highway. Replaced alternator and starter at around 110K. Am giving it to my daughter who is in college away from home.

This car is a real money saver
By olegarch on 01/04/05 00:12 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I have owned my 1996 Nissan Altima since 2002 and have never had any problems with it. I just changed the CV boot and generator belt at 60,000 miles. It handles high speeds very well - I'm talking about 85 - 100 mph - and its greast off the line with a manual transmission. Overall this is great car: reliable, fun to drive, and keeps your wallet full.

I Wuv My Little 200!
By Christen on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX 2dr Coupe

I love my 200SX! I can count on it 100%, and it gets great mileage. I bought it in Feb. 04 with 58k Miles on it. I got in an accident in Oct, and my Altima, which I also loved, was totaled. I was determind to get another Nissan, and I bought the 200SX for $4400 in perfect condition. It may not be the fastest car on the road, but it's so reliable, and I like the clean body styling..it's just waiting for me to put a kit and some 17 inch rims on it! I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable, inexpensive, fun little car!

Good Car Fun to drive
By Finefrock on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R 2dr Coupe

I just recently bought this car at an auction in ohio... its been about 3 months and ive put about 10000 miles on it... the car has now almost 130000 mile on it and still huals A**... i bought the car and had to do a full brake job and just a regular tune-up but since then i have been nothing but happy with this sporty little car... i recommend this car to anyone who does alot of driving... i personally get 29 mpg on avg... the only problem i get is the transmission doesnt seem to want to let me downshift to 2nd when going around turns but other than that i love this car its definetly a keeper...

Size of a lemur, heart of a LION!!
By TomaCzar on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R 2dr Coupe

This vehicle has spoiled me. I'm afraid to get another car because I love this one so much. If I weren't 6'6" I'd keep this car forever. If you get one, check and make sure the recall on the winshield wipers was done. If not just take it to a dealership and voila!! No hassles. I life in Upstate NY and the vehicle is GREAT in the snow. Tires make a big difference but I get lazy and don't like to plow, Snowcat (my name for her) plows right through for me. I have bottomed out a few times, LOTS of potholes where I'm from. I don't see that as a fault of the vehicle, just something to keep in mind.

Worthy Nissan
By Import Lover on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I have had this car a year and two months. Over that time I have put 29,000 miles on this car. Bought with 85,000 now have 114,000 miles on it. I have never had any problems but regular scheduled maintence. When i first purhcased the car I fully tuned it up and have not had any problems. Found out by my mechanic the car was wrecked in the front and back and the car still runs good. I have driven the car to North and South Carolina, Philly, and my everyday driving. Car averages 32-35 miles per gallon.

sporty car--fast--good gas mileage
By stanislaw on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

bought it used in 2002---traded in a camry with 160,000 miles in need of 5,000 in repairs---saved the repairs bought the 200sx with the money. since 10/2002 i put on 24,000 miles-- had to put new brakes and struts and a cv boot since the purchase--along with a wheel alignment and new rotors!!!!!!

Gotta have a NISSAN
By agoostrey on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R 2dr Coupe

I absolutley love my Nissan, it has been the very best car I have ever owned. The only problem is that I just recently had another baby. With one it's great but(a four year old who can climb in and buckle herself), two no way. My husband and I are really at odds about trading it in for a four door. I love my car and really want to keep it.

I'm going to miss my baby
By nobe1152 on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

Had the car since 1999 & enjoyed driving it in 2004 as much as I did the first day I go it. I've driven over 107,000 miles & never had problems. Besides rountine maint., the car's reliable and just really cute. I have to part from it due to an accident..hit in the back by a SUV. Get this, it still runs great!! If it weren't for the insurance comp. demanding to total my car, I'd drive this thing another 145,000 miles. Oh well, gonna miss my baby....moving on to a Toyota Solara V6 SLE..

expierenced
By 69boricua69 on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

it is a great vehicle. the gas consumption is just too much and the take off is super slow. this car looks fast but in reality it is slow.