1999 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
I love it
By canada@rex on 10/26/08 15:54 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I love the mirage. It's very reliable and runs great. The mpg are great. I wish I found the car sooner.

Daily driver
By mike on 04/06/08 14:31 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I drive 200 to 300 miles a day as an auto adjuster. I have owned three 1.5 liter 5 speed manual trans mirages and these are the most trouble free and highest mileage vehicles I have ever driven. I am saddened that Mitsubishi stopped making them. 206,000 miles on my first one an a/c compressor, 293,000 on the second and only inner and outer tie rods, third 167,000 inner and outer tie rods.

Been a great car
By linc59 on 03/10/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

This has been a great car. I bought it new in 1999. It has been very reliable and fun to drive. It is a great starter car. However, the tires, be it the brand or industry perks, have been my only major headache with this car. I am forever dealing with tire issues. Aside from some minor maintenance, this car needed nothing more than general tune-ups and oil changes to keep it going the 9 years I have had it. I will be sad to sell it.

Great affordable car!!
By X on 09/15/07 19:46 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

Bought it rental used @ 27,000 miles. Affordable. Great stock sound system especially the speakers. Very reliable. Excellent design. Sporty look. Gas friendly. Smooth. Quiet. Easy to tune and customize. Light and great handling. Roomy. An excellent car overall - especially for those looking for all of the above without breaking too much wallet. I had to let this go when it got totalled at 110,000. :(

Great, inexpensive car
By Lily on 12/28/04 20:09 PM (PST)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

My 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage has been such a fun, little, reliable car! I'm bothered by folks who view Mitsubishi as bad cars....my first car was a Dodge Colt (engine imported by Mitsubishi) and that too, was a great car until I retired it at 130,000 to buy the Mirage. I've had the Mirage for five years and bought it knowing it was in an accident and was used as a rental (all of which are no-nos for resale)--but I have never had a problem. Absolutely nothing! I'm now looking at the new Endeavor for my next car. Mitsubishi has never let me down!

N/A
By Mrd206 on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

overall good car great to drive. Fun car for any one who is starting out as a young driver

Great first car!
By corinnibob on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I love my Mirage! I just need something bigger now. It is my first car that I bought on my own. Very affordable and reliable!

My very first car, the Mitsubishi Mirage
By Chris8412 on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I think this car is great. I bought it used at 57k miles and I havn't had problems with the vehicle at all! The accleration is crazy for a 1.5 litre engine. Pick up is pretty good, however, I just wish I had an RPM meter so I know when to switch gears. I recommend to get this car in a 5 speed manual. Automatic, from what I heard, is a slow "P.O.S." I would recommend this car to first time buyers, mainly the young crowd. Great for teens and great for commuting for school and work.

Great Little Car
By keagos on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

We have had no problems with our Mirage. Husband is a little uncomfortable because of the size.

Mirage DE Coupe
By Brick on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

The power isn't the greatest but what do you expect for a 1.5 litre engine and for the price and fuel economy (40 mpg on the highway) you really can't complain. It handles incredibly (literally could turn on a dime). And I've added a few fairly inexpensive modifications that have increased the performance in areas. Overall really good car.