2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Review: Could have been perfect!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Review

GTS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Could have been perfect!
By Eric on

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had the car for 3 years now, this car is like bi-polar to me, it can give me the greatest feelings on the road or just looking at it already creates emotions. It handles nicely looks like a shark and is pretty roomy for its size. What's sad is, it is near perfect but mitsu made cuts in bad areas thinking we would not notice. First thing I notice, rattles came in pretty soon, about a month after purchase they came from the road noise and when I turn the music at near half power speaker grills rattle and doors to. And this is the BASIC sound system not even with the sub-woofer in it. And the paint. Where is it? Oh! I supposed they put in more clear then. Nope! That's not what road hazards say.

I like its stock features, like the 18 inch wheels, skirts and rear wing. Stock seats are comfortable and cabin is roomy. Steering feel is great, the brakes respond nicely and never lack power. The suspension reacts well and gives the car good predictability, the transmission is as good as it gets.

Better Plastics and finish,and why not less plastics.better road noise insulation,More paint and a better clear coat quality. A 6th gear would be nice for hi-way cruising cause engine noise is annoying.