2 of 5 people found this review helpful
Six years in, still love it
By adra21 on
2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)
I purchased this car brand new in the fall of 2007, and still really love it. It handles well, it's fun to drive, it's good-looking, and it does everything I need it to do. It fits into smaller parking spaces (a very nice perk in a city like Los Angeles). Overall great car and I can't recommend it enough. The thing to bear in mind about my feedback: my prior car was a 1988 Jeep Cherokee, so VERY different. And if you're thinking of transitioning from a bigger car to this car, be aware that you'll use your horn a little more, because sometimes people just don't see the car when changing lanes.
- the giant glass sunroof (option)
- ipod/aux input
- being able to control the stereo from the steering wheel (that might also be an option)
- the digital readout behind the steering wheel that shows exterior temperature and the car's speed
- keyless entry
- the way it looks: I just think this is the cutest car
- it fits way more cargo than you'd expect: you can put the rear seats down and fit a ton in the trunk and the back seat (if you're going to have more than one passenger, then obviously I don't recommend this, but the car does great on a road trip for two to wine country, carrying all the wine and all the luggage)
The only less-than-stellar thing about this car is how much it squeaks. There's just something about the materials used in the interior that's a bit cheaper and I notice that there's a lot of squeaking (like of plastic) as the car shakes from movement on the road. It seems to be worse in the heat.