Quirkey type of fun
By Ashley on
2009 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I bought this car when gas was pushing $4.50 and quickly learned to forget about the gas crisis. I generally get 430 miles to a 13 gallon tank before I start looking to fill up. In slower traffic, stop and go, it can get a bit punchy. That being said, it is the most fun I have had driving a car. I haven't had any real problems with the size of the car, it fits anywhere and with the clubman's back doors, everything fits. The clubman S has a lot of power and when I'm not paying attention it surprises me still. I get quite a bit of attention in parking lots as people always are scrunching their eyebrows coming over to look at it. Learn to keep it clean b/c of all peeks in the windows.
Favorite Features
The gas mileage, 3rd door and back loading doors are my favorite features. I'm not sure I would be able to do a regular Mini Cooper.
Suggested Improvements
The window buttons are in the lower center console right behind the drink holder. When you drive thru and get a drink you have to remove it from the holder to roll up the window. Also, tune and volume switches are similar and get confusing.