Used 2000 Mercury Villager Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercury Villager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Villager model:

2000 Estate
By mercnout

2000 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

Im definitely glad I found this vehicle while shopping for used vans on craigslist last year. I bought it a year ago with 114,000 miles and have been driving it hard, putting 22,000 miles on it. I use every day as a service vehicle. It has been reliable over all but it has had several wear & tear issues such as new brakes, bad distibutor & new tires. Theres also a knocking or crunching noise coming from the driver side wheel over bumps. It think it may be cv joint or something. So its not invinsible but its definitley reliable & a phenomenal value. I just hope mine hold up to 200-250k miles like many others have.

Sunroof, captains chairs, 6 disk changer, TV

Could be roomier, exterior design is pretty nerdy

I Love My Villager!
By godzgirlprayz

2000 Mercury Villager 4dr Minivan

This is the best vehicle I've ever had! It has nearly 150k mi, I got it with 39k mi. It handles well. No major problems, have only had to do regular maintenance until just recent. Now it's starting to run rough, like it's going to stall out. Shimmy in the steering when I go over 70 mph. Replaced timing belt at 100k. repaired ac switch (front & back) around 120k. No probs with windows, radio, doors. Oxidation and paint peeling but it's 11 yrs old & we live in FL! Otherwise it's beautiful! We are gonna try to get it repaired bc I love this van!

I love the dual sliding doors. Front and rear ac controls and a lot of air vents. spacious and handles really well. I went from a small car to this van and I instantly felt comfy driving it.

I wish it had automatic sliding doors but can't think of anything else that I would improve.

Survived Interstate Crash In Our Villager
By 412scott

2000 Mercury Villager Sport 4dr Minivan

We drove one starting in 2007 with 90,000 and would have gone far past our 120,000 this year if not for an awful crash that totalled our car. We were cut off by a clueless, self-involved Kia Soul driver who didn't even stop after our accident. My wife swerved to avoid them, the back wheels kicked out and we spun backwards across four lanes. Thankfully, after two hard bumps against the guardrail, we were blessed with no major injuries (my wife, my 3 year old and me) but a totalled minivan. It ended four years of dependable driving in all seasons. Gas mileage was OK, comfort was great, AC/Heat superb. Breaks locked up in our accident, and we weren't speeding...but overall, a great car.

Comfort, Climate System, Cargo Space, Removable Seats, Steering, Design (for a minivan)

We would still have it if Emergency Stability Control technology existed in 2000...turning radius wasn't great, either.

Loved to death
By John

2000 Mercury Villager Sport 4dr Minivan

We ran our Villager into the ground; 278k from 97 to 2010. Had it in the shop a few times with normal wear and tear. When it finally died no one could figure out why, we spent more than it was worth at the end to try and get it running again. In the end we had to let it go. Currently looking for another one to drive till it drops.

Separate the front and rear AC units (they pull from the same coolant) We eventually had ours modified to do exactly that.

Best van ever
By Lisa

2000 Mercury Villager Sport 4dr Minivan

My second villager but sadly my last. This van has been safe and reliable and has the pick up of my husbands Nissan sedan. I started out using it for transportation to preschool and am now using it for 800 mile trips to Ohio for college. Never a second thought about it breaking down. Just keep up with service and you're set.

My 2000 Villager has some of the perks of 2010 cars I'm test driving. Electronic seat settings, impressive sound system.

NONE . I love this van.