2000 Mercury Villager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Villager model:
2000 Estate
By mercnout on 02/04/12 19:31 PM (PST)

2000 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

Im definitely glad I found this vehicle while shopping for used vans on craigslist last year. I bought it a year ago with 114,000 miles and have been driving it hard, putting 22,000 miles on it. I use every day as a service vehicle. It has been reliable over all but it has had several wear & tear issues such as new brakes, bad distibutor & new tires. Theres also a knocking or crunching noise coming from the driver side wheel over bumps. It think it may be cv joint or something. So its not invinsible but its definitley reliable & a phenomenal value. I just hope mine hold up to 200-250k miles like many others have.

I Love My Villager!
By godzgirlprayz on 11/03/11 07:49 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Villager 4dr Minivan

This is the best vehicle I've ever had! It has nearly 150k mi, I got it with 39k mi. It handles well. No major problems, have only had to do regular maintenance until just recent. Now it's starting to run rough, like it's going to stall out. Shimmy in the steering when I go over 70 mph. Replaced timing belt at 100k. repaired ac switch (front & back) around 120k. No probs with windows, radio, doors. Oxidation and paint peeling but it's 11 yrs old & we live in FL! Otherwise it's beautiful! We are gonna try to get it repaired bc I love this van!

Survived Interstate Crash In Our Villager
By 412scott on 08/05/11 11:05 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Villager Sport 4dr Minivan

We drove one starting in 2007 with 90,000 and would have gone far past our 120,000 this year if not for an awful crash that totalled our car. We were cut off by a clueless, self-involved Kia Soul driver who didn't even stop after our accident. My wife swerved to avoid them, the back wheels kicked out and we spun backwards across four lanes. Thankfully, after two hard bumps against the guardrail, we were blessed with no major injuries (my wife, my 3 year old and me) but a totalled minivan. It ended four years of dependable driving in all seasons. Gas mileage was OK, comfort was great, AC/Heat superb. Breaks locked up in our accident, and we weren't speeding...but overall, a great car.

Loved to death
By John on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercury Villager Sport 4dr Minivan

We ran our Villager into the ground; 278k from 97 to 2010. Had it in the shop a few times with normal wear and tear. When it finally died no one could figure out why, we spent more than it was worth at the end to try and get it running again. In the end we had to let it go. Currently looking for another one to drive till it drops.

Best van ever
By Lisa on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Villager Sport 4dr Minivan

My second villager but sadly my last. This van has been safe and reliable and has the pick up of my husbands Nissan sedan. I started out using it for transportation to preschool and am now using it for 800 mile trips to Ohio for college. Never a second thought about it breaking down. Just keep up with service and you're set.

What a Sweet Car!
By JBJ on 08/26/10 16:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

I bought my Villager used with 20,000 miles on it, Sept 2003. It's a reliable Nissan Quest twin but better looking. A beautiful car. Just had it towed last week and had to say good- bye. Will miss all the bells and whistles. When I was low on gas, it told me how many miles I could still drive until empty. It has a roomy interior; bigger than you think. I had a Previa before, so it seemed small at first, but it really met our needs as the boys went through middle and high school. It had 154,000 miles when it died. With the diagnosis, a engine cooling fan that was freezing up, and the repairs with labor estimated at over $800, I decided it was time to say good-bye. Lots of fun family trips.

Going on 180,000 mi and still going stron
By Winder on 06/29/10 11:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Villager 4dr Minivan

I have never had a Mercury product, and have been very pleased with it. Got it used in 2005 with 60,000 miles, and it was in like-new shape. I work in Real Estate, so I have put many miles on it, and it has been very reliable and fun to drive, and I have had lots of compliments on the look and comfort of it. I hope I can get another 50K miles on it, but if not, will definitely consider Mercury again. Would like something with a little better mileage, but I still get 29-22 mpg, so that's not bad.

Great Family Van
By amaroa on 01/11/10 09:33 AM (PST)

2000 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

We drove this vehicle as our primary travel car for 5 yrs excellent with kids. No major issues, car currently has 126K, just had to replace the battery and a/c compressor.

Old reliable
By Speedwell on 05/20/09 08:53 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

Bought new in 2000, my wife uses it daily and I can't talk her into something else. It's a shame they stopped making this van because I would probably buy another one.

Great reliability
By Carol on 04/29/09 18:09 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Villager 4dr Minivan

Have had this vehicle since new and have had no problems...I've changed the timing belt every 110000 miles as suggested in my care booklet. Have had only 1 set of brake pads and 4 sets of tires. I routinely get 21 in the city and close to 26-27 highway. Really sorry they don't have any more!!