Used 2000 Mercury Villager Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercury Villager - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mercury Villager

View reviews for a specific Villager model:

Most Helpful|
Mercury Villager Estate
By RHenry

2000 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

My Mercury Estate is underpowered and has a difficult time achieving any fuel economy. My best highway fuel average is 24 mpg. It is also difficult to fuel completely. When the pump shuts off indicating it is full I can still add an additional 3 gallons or more. The ride is comfortable and it handles well. The body is prone to scratches.

Favorite Features

The air conditioning system is very good the leather interior is well done.

Suggested Improvements

Put in a fuel tank that can easily be filled and improve the fuel mileage.

Look elsewhere
By Pillager

2000 Mercury Villager 4dr Minivan

I know minivans are by their nature boring vehicles. The Villager is especially so. I have also had a nagging squeak from the steering column that the dealer was never able to completely fix.

OK vehicle over all
By bobby

2000 Mercury Villager Sport 4dr Minivan

This has been a pretty darn reliable vehicle. It has over 100,000 miles on it and it still runs real good. I wish i would have gotten a Ford Expedition 4x4 because this vehicle is too small for us, and it does pretty bad in the snow. It does real good on gas 14cty 19-21hw. There has been absolutly nothing mechanically wrong with it.

Favorite Features

Reliability, gas mileage, cheap parts, cheap purchase price

Suggested Improvements

Make it tougher, so it doesn't look as crappy at 100,000 miles. Maybe a v8 4x4. Maybe a larger size. the front seats are rather small. Better paint quality.

Old reliable
By Speedwell

2000 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

Bought new in 2000, my wife uses it daily and I can't talk her into something else. It's a shame they stopped making this van because I would probably buy another one.

Favorite Features

Lots of room for people and cargo, yet at 194 inches long it fits into a small garage. Very reliable

Suggested Improvements

Too late now but always short of horsepower, good torque helped it move off the mark fairly well

2000 Estate
By mercnout

2000 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

Im definitely glad I found this vehicle while shopping for used vans on craigslist last year. I bought it a year ago with 114,000 miles and have been driving it hard, putting 22,000 miles on it. I use every day as a service vehicle. It has been reliable over all but it has had several wear & tear issues such as new brakes, bad distibutor & new tires. Theres also a knocking or crunching noise coming from the driver side wheel over bumps. It think it may be cv joint or something. So its not invinsible but its definitley reliable & a phenomenal value. I just hope mine hold up to 200-250k miles like many others have.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, captains chairs, 6 disk changer, TV

Suggested Improvements

Could be roomier, exterior design is pretty nerdy