Used 2005 Mercury Montego Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercury Montego - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montego model:

retired owner
By Adolph Lobato

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Auto is smooth riding, no wind noise, i like the cvt transmission you never feel when it shifts, cup holders are to close to each other that could be improved mileage is good for a car of this size

smooth quiet ride

cup holder should be further apart or maybe a slide holder in dash GMC had that feature in 1994

satisfied owner
By satisfied customer

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I continue to be impressed with the car overall. The fuel mileage has steadly increased from 21.8 during winter driving around town to as high as 24. Highway mileage is 26 to 31+. This mileage is accurate as I compute the mileage every fillup. The awd is fantastic. I drove through snow that was coming over the hood and never lost traction. The low end torque makes it possible to start off without spinning the tires on ice and heavy wet snow. The defrosting is great even with the heavy snow in very poor visibility. The stability and control is better than all the 4 wheel drive vehicles I have had in over 50 years of driving.

The standard luxury model comes nicley equiped. On a long trip you don't get tired; acceptable fuel mileage especially for nearly two tons just 100 lbs lighter than a marquis. I like the left and right ac/htr controls and climatic ht/ac which is an option on a marquis. Transmission very smooth.

The car could use more insulation in the roof. In heavy rain the noise is too loud. Fabric seats should be available in the premier.

My Mercury Montego
By 2005 Mercury Montego

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car has exceeded my expectations in terms of its performance and comfort. My 6'4" son can sit in the back without being cramped which says a great deal about the size of the interior. On the highway, the car holds it own and seems to command respect from other drivers. Also, it's reassuring to press the accelerator to get an extra surge of power when needed. On top of everything else, the Mercury Montego is exceptionally beautiful. I am very happy with this car.

My favorite features are the height of the vehicle. It sits very tall adn I love the big tires. I appreciate the roomy interior, the huge trunk and the ease of using the instrument panel.

I think there could be improvement with the gear shaft. Occasionally I have problems with it going into park. I have to fiddle around with it. This is rare. Also sometimes the car can be incredibly noisy and sounds a bit clumsy when accelerating.

Love this car
By carnut

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Wanted the all wheel drive, but concerned about fuel mileage. This car exceeds all expectations on mileage so far. Car handles great and CVT is terrific. It seems a little slow from dead start, but it gets going pretty quick so I'm not sure what the complaints are about. If you're looking for neck snapping performance, this won't give it to you, but room, comfort, style and economy all together make this a great choice. Looks good in most of the available colors.

Controls on steering wheel are very easy to use. CVT transmission is smooth and efficient. Moon roof controls are better than most. High intensity headlights, LED tail lamps and "puddle lights" in mirrors. Looks Great.

More horsepower without sacrificing fuel economy. Chrome grill and Wheels.

My New Car
By Darlene Sutherlin

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My first new car in awhile and I love it. To look at and to admire it (get a lot of compliments from friends and neighbors). Driving it is so much fun with excellent vision from the elevated seats, snappy performance and good gas mileage, feeling safe with good brakes and all the safety features Drove it all winter with AWD and regular tires, appreciated the auto climate control (especially since the car warmed up quickly) For a full size sedan, it handles more like a smaller car with a very roomy interior. Hopefully, my family and I will have many years to drive and to ride in it

Auto adjusting front seats and pedals between me and my husband,heated side mirrors and front seats, back-up warning system, super large rear seat area and trunk, beautiful metalic silver color, auto climate control bright lighting and aiming of headlights, fuel and other info on sterring wheel.

thicker and/or softer padding on arm rests and center console