Used 2005 Mercury Montego Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercury Montego - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercury Montego

View reviews for a specific Montego model:

My Mercury Montego
By 2005 Mercury Montego

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car has exceeded my expectations in terms of its performance and comfort. My 6'4" son can sit in the back without being cramped which says a great deal about the size of the interior. On the highway, the car holds it own and seems to command respect from other drivers. Also, it's reassuring to press the accelerator to get an extra surge of power when needed. On top of everything else, the Mercury Montego is exceptionally beautiful. I am very happy with this car.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the height of the vehicle. It sits very tall adn I love the big tires. I appreciate the roomy interior, the huge trunk and the ease of using the instrument panel.

Suggested Improvements

I think there could be improvement with the gear shaft. Occasionally I have problems with it going into park. I have to fiddle around with it. This is rare. Also sometimes the car can be incredibly noisy and sounds a bit clumsy when accelerating.

Love this car
By carnut

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Wanted the all wheel drive, but concerned about fuel mileage. This car exceeds all expectations on mileage so far. Car handles great and CVT is terrific. It seems a little slow from dead start, but it gets going pretty quick so I'm not sure what the complaints are about. If you're looking for neck snapping performance, this won't give it to you, but room, comfort, style and economy all together make this a great choice. Looks good in most of the available colors.

Favorite Features

Controls on steering wheel are very easy to use. CVT transmission is smooth and efficient. Moon roof controls are better than most. High intensity headlights, LED tail lamps and "puddle lights" in mirrors. Looks Great.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower without sacrificing fuel economy. Chrome grill and Wheels.

My New Car
By Darlene Sutherlin

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My first new car in awhile and I love it. To look at and to admire it (get a lot of compliments from friends and neighbors). Driving it is so much fun with excellent vision from the elevated seats, snappy performance and good gas mileage, feeling safe with good brakes and all the safety features Drove it all winter with AWD and regular tires, appreciated the auto climate control (especially since the car warmed up quickly) For a full size sedan, it handles more like a smaller car with a very roomy interior. Hopefully, my family and I will have many years to drive and to ride in it

Favorite Features

Auto adjusting front seats and pedals between me and my husband,heated side mirrors and front seats, back-up warning system, super large rear seat area and trunk, beautiful metalic silver color, auto climate control bright lighting and aiming of headlights, fuel and other info on sterring wheel.

Suggested Improvements

thicker and/or softer padding on arm rests and center console

Noisy start
By Sandy

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 05 Montego but it has a loud hesitant start. I just recently experienced another loud noise when steering left or backing up. I took it to the dealership and they told me the strut bearing on the drivers side needed complete replacement. I though this was a little unusual at 22,710 mi.

Favorite Features

Spacious, large trunk

very happy
By robert siuzdak

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Very solid, i also have a 04 town car, this has less wind noise. holds the road well,power ok, i would be happy with a few more horses. interior space is great. we wanted cloth seats, they are comfortable, but the leather version seems a bit wider, rear seat belts are hard to insert. headlights very bright, but have a short distance. local gas mileage good, should be better at highway speeds.

Favorite Features

very roomey, excellent visability, dash layout good. quiet solid ride. many cup holders, glove box's.

Suggested Improvements

more horsepower, telescoping steering wheel.