Used 2008 Mercury Milan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercury Milan

View reviews for a specific Milan model:

Most Helpful|
Surprised and Pleased
By MARC

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had all but written off Big three products. I was coming off my MDX lease and was looking for a more gas mileage friendly vehicle. I was also looking to spend a bit less. The Milan just had the best look, quietest ride, fun toys(SYNC and CD changer) for the money. My prior departure from consumer reports recommendations (with ford) have ended badly. To my surprise CR gave the Milan a full red circle(highest rating) for reliability and Camry was only given an average rating. The unfortunate rapid depreciation put a quasi luxury vehicle under 2 years of factory warranty into the range of affordability. 28 MPG 60% highway/country roads. Comp Camry had 80k miles, to a Milan with 16K

Favorite Features

Affordability, quiet ride, Sync, Wheel design, interior and exterior style

Suggested Improvements

Heated Seats, Those little blue lights over the trans shifter in my MDX help to see items in the center console

Good Car...Could Be Better
By u26255

2008 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I get around 30+ mpg. on highway. I drove 300 miles on a trip and averaged 32 mpg. with air blasting and speed average of 70-75 mph. That's good for a v6. The sound system is good. I like the mp3 outlet. There is plenty of storage space and great trunk space. The city mpg is terrible. I average 17 mpg. in city driving. The dash and doors rattle terribly and I drive very carefully as to not hit large bumps hard. The dealer can't fix it. The cloth seats are cheap, period! It needs a digital clock in the radio. There is a storage compartment on top of the front dash. I can't wait for that to also rattle. What a stupid place to put a storage compartment.

Favorite Features

MP3 outlet, highway mpg. Nice, comfortable drive, sporty feel. The v6 has some zip. Huge trunk

Suggested Improvements

Use better quality cloth for seats, it's cheap! Get rid of he stupid storage compartment in the front center of the dash. Better gas mpg. in the city. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has a Milan that has doors and a dash that rattle, and I haven't even owned it 9 months.

Better than expected
By maxie

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After having my heart set on an Audi A4, I test drove the Milan at the same dealership. When I compared the cars, it was apparent the Milan was the better buy, and I decided to take the chance. Of course, it's not an Audi, but it is very comfortable, has great features like the Sync and the satellite radio, and drives extremely well. After putting about 7,000 miles on it, I'm still happy with my decision and would definitely recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

It's very comfortable, the interior is sharp with the two tone leather, the sync is awesome, and I'm addicted to the satellite radio.

Suggested Improvements

The back end is very high, making it important to use the reverse sensors, I'd prefer the clock to be digital, and the vents are pretty loud.

Nothing but issues
By thomusssa

2008 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

2008 Milan...must have been 1st run modle or something, everything that could go wrong has. I drive highway miles back and forth to work, consider myself close to average to slightly above avg on how hard I drive a car (and take care of it!). After approx 68k miles, transmission goes out. Took to Ford dealer, they want $6,700 for reman transmission. Unreal, had to go with used transmission due to cost. Have had 2 interior items fail, and need replaced. (console tab and short in power outlet) Now, engine rods knocking?! I see good reviews, but cant understand how so much can happen to 1 car. I've had a Toyota Corolla with 280k miles, and no major issues. Milan was a mistake for me!

Favorite Features

Looks, comfortable ride (when it runs!).

Suggested Improvements

Customer service. Called to complain about transmission and felt like I was wasting 'their' time... Don't warranty an auto part for 60k new, then reman warrantied till 100k...tells everyone there were manufacturing issues.

Beyond Looks... Mercury Milan
By Joseph Soto

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2008 I-4 Mercury Milan Premier because I really loved it's exterior & interior looks. After the honeymoon was over I realized that a 4 cylinder 150 hp engine was not enough to generate excitement during aceleration & passing speeds on this car. To top all my wife bought a 4 cylinder 2008 Nissan Altima S. I drove it yesterday and blew me away with its acceleration. Yes I know it has 25 extra horsepower. But It made me feel young again. Sorry Lincoln-Mercury. But the truth shall set you free. Looks can be deceiving and Mercury Milan Premier I-4 is really a Grand Pa Corolla in disguise!

Suggested Improvements

Please add more horsepower to the i-4. I'm sure 30 hp along with a better transmission will make this car a winner.