Used 2008 Mercury Milan Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercury Milan

View reviews for a specific Milan model:

Apples or Oranges? You decide...
By Bob

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2005 Nissan Altima SER for a brand new 2008 Mercury Milan. My Altima SER was purchased used with 8,600 miles on the odometer. The only drawback it had a six speed manual transmission. It had 18" mag wheels, low profile racing tires, a Bose stereo system, great racing seats, and a powerful 270 hp engine. When I blew the clutch it cost me $1500.00 to get it fixed. Well Nissan blew the repair, I couldn't find reverse at times, neither could I find first. I got so discouraged after several attempts to get it right with Nissan, I went car shopping. I found the Mercury Milan Premier. Its a great car, but its not an Altima SER. Thus my title Apples or Oranges...

The six speed automatic is great. The handling characteristics are descent, and the six cylinder is not bad at highway speeds. The exterior looks are quite nice. I had a young lady comment, she was going to steal my car when I wasn't looking in the Winn Dixie parking lot. lol

Build quality is still lacking in the american fleet. At 2500 miles the dashboard started to rattle, and I think the truck lid is rattling, too. The sound system needs to get a complete upgrade. It's OK for people with tin ears, it's definitely not a Bose. Mercury needs to improve its gas mileage too.

Impressive for a Domestic
By Andy

2008 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Having driven a Nissan for the past 4 years and have BMW and VW, I was very apprehensive to go domestic. I needed AWD for weather and this is the best value car with AWD in mid-size. Altima, camry do not offer AWD. Car is built very well, I have no rattles, interior design is classy and clean. Full mileage - difficult to say on 1000 miles driven but AVG. of 23 for mixed driving is not great (our 535i gets 26 avg) - but with a AWD drivetrain it is much better than SUV's Highway is over 30 mpg.

Interior, ride, quality, added option of remote start

Should have standard auto dim mirror and auto lights.

Awesome Car!
By Adam

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Unbeatable interior and exterior styling, mechanical quality and great gas mileage! The creature comforts are endless. SYNC is awesome, and the leather interior is very comfortable. The rims and grille provide fantastic exterior style. The sound system is unparalled. All this, with great gas mileage, 24 in the city, 32 on the freeway no problem. Forget about the Camry, Maxima and cCvic, the Mercury Milan is where it is at. Do yourself a favor and purchase this car!

SYNC, sound system, leather quality, rims and grill, turning performance, MPG, trunk space, Sirius radio, reliability, and price!

None

Meets all my requirements and then some
By Rick

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great looking, right size, comforable with enough power to get up and go when needed. Gets many complements. It's fun to drive. Had cars from T-birds to Mustangs plus many others. The last was a Honda Accord. Hated it, ride hard and uncomfortabe large heavy doors making access and exit difficult. My Milan beats it by a more than a mile.

Everything

Good Car...Could Be Better
By u26255

2008 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I get around 30+ mpg. on highway. I drove 300 miles on a trip and averaged 32 mpg. with air blasting and speed average of 70-75 mph. That's good for a v6. The sound system is good. I like the mp3 outlet. There is plenty of storage space and great trunk space. The city mpg is terrible. I average 17 mpg. in city driving. The dash and doors rattle terribly and I drive very carefully as to not hit large bumps hard. The dealer can't fix it. The cloth seats are cheap, period! It needs a digital clock in the radio. There is a storage compartment on top of the front dash. I can't wait for that to also rattle. What a stupid place to put a storage compartment.

MP3 outlet, highway mpg. Nice, comfortable drive, sporty feel. The v6 has some zip. Huge trunk

Use better quality cloth for seats, it's cheap! Get rid of he stupid storage compartment in the front center of the dash. Better gas mpg. in the city. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has a Milan that has doors and a dash that rattle, and I haven't even owned it 9 months.