2003 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Review: Safe, Comfortable, and Reliabl

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Review

GS Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Safe, Comfortable, and Reliable
By pcastoldi on

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Grand Marquis and all of the features that it has to offer. Since I purchased this vehicle used, I got an excellent deal on it and with it a decent bundle of features that make this car a real joy to drive around with. I purchased it with over 63,000 miles on it and I now have over 74,000 miles. The seats are very comfortable; the trunk is carnivorous - one of the largest in the North American market; the ride is smooth; and the engine has plenty of power to cruise along the highway or pass any vehicles in your way. Combine this with it's extreme reliability (I have not needed to do anything other than standard maintenance) and you have a winning combination! I love it!

The 4.6L V8; Map pouches for both the front driver and passenger; Traction Control; Power Pedals, 8-Way Power Driver's Seat; and Power Lumbar. Another feature that Mercury seems to have on most every Grand Marquis is the double sun-visors - nice touch!

Two things: First, I would try and change the way the A/C system is engineered. Mine ended up failing on my way back from a road trip in Florida, during the dead-heat of Summer. It seems that many owners of this car, much like the Crown Victoria and the Town Car, have had issues with their A/C. It's quite frustrating - and I have yet to find out what the repair bill is going to be. Second, the cupholder placement. This is sort of a nit-picky thing, but when you have the cupholder fully extended you are bound to smash your knee on it when you are getting in and out of the car. I've done it more than once, and I'm sure other's have too. But, again, this isn't anything major.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review