2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Defect in Radio Mercedes Won't Fix
By Linda on 05/25/10 15:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 2008 Slk Mercedes, purchased Sirius Radio service and I started losing stations. I notified Mercedes, they looked at my car 3 times, told me all 08 & 09 Mercedes where the sat. in sky is positioned, certain stations have weak signals. Called Sirius Radio, they said that is not true, antenna or cable in car. Then Mercedes told me since Sirius merged with Xm some of the 08 & 09 radios will not work, because there is a Bug in the radio preventing it from picking up some radio stations, because the radio was built before the merger. Called Sirius,they confirmed in writing, a merger takes 5 years, and Sirius sat. are running off sirius, xm off xm. Notified Mercedes of this, and they refused

The Perfect Machine
By WFTJR on 06/06/08 13:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The lease was up on my 2006 E350 so I jumped into a 2008 SLK 280. The E350 is flawless but I needed more of a "wow" factor. The black exterior with the tan and black interior is stunning. This car is the perfect blend of performance and luxury. My SLK has Premium III (navigation) with the appearance package. The retractable hardtop is provides the "wow" factor. The fun of driving a convertible without the downside of a ragtop. My only other convertable was a 2003 Z4. The SLK provides more convenience, safety and luxury than the Z4. Remember, it's not how fast you go, it's how well you go fast.

Just what I wanted.
By miky on 05/29/08 14:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Choosing between the Boxster, Z4, Sky, and the SLK I chose the 280SLK with the Premium 1, appearance package, heating package, 7-speed automatic, & 6 CD changer. The others did not have the retractable hardtop, and other than the Boxster all felt like tin cans compared to this car. The SLK fits the bill I wanted for driving; not a race car but handles very well, not an economy car but who cares, and performs everything I ask it to do very well. At 6' and 240# I have no problem entering and exiting, no problem with interior room, and am extremely comfortable on local or long distance drives. I am extremely happy the dealer, the salesman, and most of all the car. Great purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.