2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Review: My 2001 SLK Experience

2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Review

My 2001 SLK Experience
By Mel-R on

2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Thinking I was buying a Mercedes "quality" product, I found some discouraging problems with mine. First, I got stuck with the hard top stuck in the trunk, and had to drive it to the dealership to get it fixed. After they fixed it, I found that they scratched the roof while bringing the top up. Then the whole computer system broke down, and I was only able to drive my car 25 mph until I could get it home. I have also found that the inside of the car is peeling on the center console, and the leather on my steering wheel is coming off. Please keep in mind that I bought this car brand new, and it still has 25000 miles of warranty left.

When working, hardtop convertible. It has super pick up and go. If you get bored with an automatic engine, you can always use the Tiptronic.

Work all of the kinks out. Use materials in the interior that will last more than a year.